Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jackson says right to keep and bear arms a 'fundamental right'

Jackson says right to keep and bear arms a 'fundamental right'

Judge Jackson told Sen.*Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, that she views the*right*to keep and bear arms as a "fundamental right."

*The*Supreme Court*has established that the individual right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right," she said.

Jackson went on to explain that fundamental rights, such as those outlined in the Second Amendment, are "deeply rooted in the history and traditions of this country" and primarily "relate to personal individual autonomy."

She isn't just saying this to get onto the court and rule otherwise. No, she really believes this and is being an honest liberal/industrial strength sarc
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Jackson says right to keep and bear arms a 'fundamental right'

Huh???
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

And every liberal sworn into office swears on a bible to support and defend the Constitution. We know how much those words and most likely her words will mean after approved..
    SigGendered

(Columbia County)

I got responses from Bob Casey concerning gun rights. The first couple of sentences he always stresses how he is a strong believer in the 2nd Amendment and the rights of hunters. From there he goes on to saying how he is in favor of supporting every anti gun bill in congress. What they need to do is ask her out right; does the 2A protect one's right to own a semi automatic rifle, same for a 30 round magazine. Ask her about states only giving carry licenses to those with a good reason (AKA those that know someone at the court house) etc.
    Generic questions get generic answers that tell me nothing about anyone's views on the subject.

A SCOTUS pick who doesn't understand the basis of Dred Scott. Only a liberal would approve of that.

Jackson doesn*t *quite remember the basis* for Dred Scott decision

Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson said she doesn*t *quite remember the basis* for the Dred Scott*decision*of 1857, which declared that people of African descent were not U.S. citizens.

Jackson made the comment during questioning by Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, who said the Dred Scott decision, *which treated slaves as chattel property, was a product of substantive due process.*

Jackson responded, *The justices have interpreted the*due process*clause of the 14th Amendment to include a substantive provision, the rights to due process, they have interpreted that to mean not just procedural rights relative to government action, but also the protection of certain personal rights related to intimacy and autonomy. They include things like the right to rear one's children. I believe the right to travel, the right to marriage, interracial marriage, the right to an abortion, contraception**

*Treating slaves as chattel property?* Cornyn interjected.

*I don't quite remember the basis for the Dred Scott opinion, but I'll trust you, that that*s*" Jackson said.

*The fact is,* Cornyn interrupted, *is it not that you can use substantive due process to justify basically any result?*

*The court has identified standards for the determination of rights under the Fourteenth Amendment, substantive due process," Jackson replied.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Montgomery County)

"Thank you for that thoughtful response, Judge Jackson. In your judicial philosophy, under what standards of scrutiny should fundamental, enumerated rights be analyzed? Are some deserving of different deference, if I might say, somehow 'more equal' than others?"
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Bucks County)

Her saying that
    *The*Supreme Court*has established that the individual right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right,"
    indicates her belief that it comes from the SCOTUS, and not from God as recognized by the 2nd amendment. That's a big FAIL right there.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Jackson also refers to illegals as noncitizens.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

She states----*The*Supreme Court*has established that the individual right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right," she said.

No, the 1791 Bill of Rights (first and foremost) has established that's it's a natural right that no human, Court or government could infringe or question---period! The court did not establish this...
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Fundamental right only until I get approved yo......she thinks Pedophilia is a fundamental right. And if she gets approved it eventually will be.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast