Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Altoona 19-20 March CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by benny swartz View Post
    i dont know why , but the few times i have been to altoonas show . it seemed like most of the visitors were from wv . its in a great area . just cant see why , it doesnt have the draw ? thinking the vendors may be an issue . do see how it would be an issue , as most travel the whole state to setup .

boondox . my first trip through trough creek state park ? ended with me drawing on a guy , in an altercation along the road . we were 4th in a line of cars , guy and lady were arguing along side their vehicle , along road . lady screaming bloody murder , with him physically holding her , all the other cars kept right on driving ! i didnt . few words were exchanged , guy walked away . cop told me later that night , they ended up dealing with those two at a campground , again that night . it draws the drunks.
    Benny , people just don't go to the convention center area , they may go once but that's only because they didn't know any better.
    The Jaffa could be selling old dog turds and the line would be out the door and around the building.

Trough Creek , God Bless You Benny , was not always like that , we called it senior camping.
    Most sites went dark by 9pm and the Amish would even camp there , the Amish girls riding their bikes on the gravel road wearing full blown dresses.
    But the day after the riot , the park ranger who claimed no knowledge of the night before did say they had started getting the over flow from the C.O.E campgrounds and they were bringing their C.O.E campground mentality with them.
    Trough Creek being a state park , is no booze allowed.
    If you ever told me I'd be at Trough Creek camping with 3 strangers kids in my camper convincing rioters to keep from entering my campsite with a gun in my hand , I'd have suggested you been reading too much poofa posts.
    I'm currently not in the mood to type it all out but you know how narrow the paved road in is right?
    You should have been there the day some guy wedged his car between my camper and the guard rail , oh and the story only gets better after that.
    I was there and can't believe it.
    People have lost their friggin minds.
    I used to tent camp when there were still some FREE spots back in the day at the COE campground Susquehannock at Raystown.
    If you ever experienced THAT , you know I seen some things.
    But back then in my 20's , I didn't mind a little action now and then.
    Back in my late 20's I even had 3 hoodlums come in BY BOAT looking to jack someone at Nancey's campground.
    Only 2 ways in to there , walk the long service road or by boat.
    I mean seriously , who does that?
    Then I have the naked lady story , the witch craft lady story "that was a hoot" , oh the list only goes on.
    Striper fishing isn't bad though , stay off the water during holidays and weekends.
    Week of July 4th the rangers all go into hiding. They don't want none of that mess.

But yeah , convention center sucks
    Last edited by Boondox; March 16th, 2022 at 03:41 AM.

(Mifflin County)

wow ! i know people that live the area, that wont go near the lake through the summer . yeah. people are nuts anymore . as for the water dogs ? thats what steals most of the boats , motors etc . from along rivers anymore . with no respect . used to have a river lot . people would drink or get rowdy , but stay to themselves for the most part . we used to stay in contact with a camp neighbors and coordinate our bigger gatherings , so we would not interfere with each other . as for the convention center , i wondered what it was ? its in a good easy spot , has plenty of room , but the few events i have seen there , drew nothing . one sportmans show , took longer to park and walk in , then it did to look around . the few gun shows i was at , had buyers , and they were spending , but just not alot of room or dealers ? it sadly wasnt worth the drive . and its only an hour or so for me . agree on the jaffa . made the circus mistake once , years ago . packed !

Quote Originally Posted by benny swartz View Post
    wow ! i know people that live the area, that wont go near the lake through the summer . yeah. people are nuts anymore . as for the water dogs ? thats what steals most of the boats , motors etc . from along rivers anymore . with no respect . used to have a river lot . people would drink or get rowdy , but stay to themselves for the most part . we used to stay in contact with a camp neighbors and coordinate our bigger gatherings , so we would not interfere with each other . as for the convention center , i wondered what it was ? its in a good easy spot , has plenty of room , but the few events i have seen there , drew nothing . one sportmans show , took longer to park and walk in , then it did to look around . the few gun shows i was at , had buyers , and they were spending , but just not alot of room or dealers ? it sadly wasnt worth the drive . and its only an hour or so for me . agree on the jaffa . made the circus mistake once , years ago . packed !
    I remember parking in James Creek folks were having their wheels stolen from their trailers while out in their boats.
    Local family was doing it , they stopped the Honor System for launching fees cause it was just a collection point for thieves.
    I think they cut down and stole that tree from Aitch boat launch while back?????
    6-7 years ago they went from one end to another hitting all the seasonal campgrounds and storage lots cutting shore power cords.
    That went on for an entire year. You can't tell me someone don't know how to figure that out.
    As to Altoona , there really is something about it just being "how Altoona is".
    I'm a pretty loyal person , to a fault and it used to tick me off when folks bad mouthed the city but one day , I just had to face facts.
    There is something wrong around here that you don't see on the same scale as other places.
    Whether it's the people, the medical field , businesses , or fill in the blank ...... something is amiss
    Altoona used to be common to bad mouth and poke fun at Pittsburgh.
    I find Pittsburgh to be a JOY to go to.
    The folks are nicer/better they certainly can drive better "I love them" and the other things are great , we could discuss this for days.
    And it pains me to defend Pittsburgh , but there it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123