Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Springfield Hellcat Pro

My wife has been interested in carrying a pistol for a while now, and I wasn’t sure what to get her. Well today we went to the gun shop and handled a few different guns and she liked the Hellcat Pro in 9mm. We traded a gun in and came home with the Hellcat Pro. It feels like a really nice firearm and it seems to fit her well.
    Anyone have any experience with this gun? Hopefully we made a good decision! Lol probably should have posted this before impulsively coming home with it, but we’ve all been there…
    Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Springfield Hellcat Pro

It's basically a brand new offering, so you won't find many people with experience with it. The original Hellcat is pretty popular so you should be good to go. It had a few minor teething issues with the trigger but they made rolling changes. Good choice overall! Can't beat that capacity for the size...

(Susquehanna County)

Good to hear! Seems like a good gun to me.

I carry my 1st Gen Hellcat 3/quarters of the time for going on two years. No hiccups. No failures. Some rust formed on the take-down lever inside the frame from sweat that I didn't catch while I was busy moving over a 3-month period last summer. Regular maintenance would have circumvented it. Shoots everything from 115 to 147gr FMJ to HP's. I shoot both factory and handloads and I'm accurate with the little gun. In 40+ years of carrying, the Hellcat is my favorite compact/sub-compact carry gun I've ever owned. The Sieg365 didn't fit my hand as well as the HC or I may have been singing its praises. Mine is topped with a Sieg Romeo Zero and it too has worked very well with no issues other than exaggerated battery life hype.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Susquehanna County)

Thanks for the feedback folks! Once we get some decent weather we testing it out on our outdoor range! Can’t wait!

Thread isn't too old, so I don't feel like I'm on an archeological dig here.

I was just cheking out the Hellcat Pro yesterday. Prior to that, it wasn't even on my radar. But the guy at the Sportsman Warehouse counter showed it to me, and now it's a high contender.

I was looking for a small (compact, subcompact) EDC for summer. Don't want too small as I need to get my pinky on it. So, I can't do the Glock G43, but I would do the 43X. I have been considering a variety, from a Kimber micro to even a SCCY as they meet my criteria.
    Then I would carry something full size in cooler weather where I can wear more cover.

Recently I had started considering the Glock 48 and running the Shied Arms 15 round mag.

But after seeing the Hellcat Pro, this might be the holy grail where I would just carry it everday, in all weather.

So, OP, any updates on this? Carrying, shooting?

(Philadelphia County)

Interesting,I don't need anymore Glocks but I wouldn't mind coming up on a nicely priced used FDE Hellcat.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Cumberland County)

I've been carrying a Glock 48 and 43x for the past few years with the Shield arms mags. I also had them milled for an optic and changed the triggers to a flat faced one. Then I added talon grips because the grip texture is really lacking. Of course I had to change the sights too because Glock stock sights are an abomination. In comes the Hellcat Pro. It pretty much fixes all of the additions that I was making to my Glocks. I bought 2 of them and really like them.

I think I am going to get one.

It really does seem to be the goldilocks of size and features

Got a P365 to replace my G43 and almost regret my purchase after reading this thread, as the Hellcat was in the running when I made the purchase. The only thing my P365 is missing is the milled slide. I feel this will be my next gun, as a red dot on a carry gun seems to make sense, especially since I have red dots on so many guns I practice with.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast