Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Pending LTCF

(Allegheny County)

Default Pending LTCF

Has anyone had a pending LTCF application be approved and license sent in mail?

I processed my application this morning and it was busy, the deputy said you're all set smile for the camera took pic and said the system was pending and was slow all morning and they would mail it out by the end of next week.

I confirmed I wouldn't have to come back for it and she said no it will be mailed.

Has anyone else have this happen? I know there have been longer waits especially for purchases, but I never heard of anyone having it mailed to them.

Thanks!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Pending LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by maksdaddy View Post
    Has anyone had a pending LTCF application be approved and license sent in mail?

I processed my application this morning and it was busy, the deputy said you're all set smile for the camera took pic and said the system was pending and was slow all morning and they would mail it out by the end of next week.

I confirmed I wouldn't have to come back for it and she said no it will be mailed.

Has anyone else have this happen? I know there have been longer waits especially for purchases, but I never heard of anyone having it mailed to them.

Thanks!
    It happened to me when I first applied for mine. In the mail I got a denial about two months later, which is too late to appeal. Then a year later I applied and got it with no problems, the denial was a glitch on their side. I figured that the sheriff didn't want a denied madman on his hands so they mail out the denials.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

That’s exactly what thought when they said that.

I do have a pardon of an offense that would have prevented me from getting a permit.

I spoke to a PICS supervisor before going in and he did confirm it was showing in their system as pardoned and I was safe to check no’s. Approved or denied is one thing but a felony charge is no bueno.

Do you remember if they took your picture?

Seemed odd when she said you’re all good. Smile.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by maksdaddy View Post
    That*s exactly what thought when they said that.

I do have a pardon of an offense that would have prevented me from getting a permit.

I spoke to a PICS supervisor before going in and he did confirm it was showing in their system as pardoned and I was safe to check no*s. Approved or denied is one thing but a felony charge is no bueno.

Do you remember if they took your picture?

Seemed odd when she said you*re all good. Smile.
    Oh yeah, took my picture and all but whilst others were told to hang on, it's coming, I was told that it would be mailed to me. I knew I had a record but it was not a disqualifier so I thought that's why they needed more time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for input. The person I spoke to at PICS did tell me to not be surprised if I’m told to wait. Hope I get a quicker response but really not expecting it to be mailed unless I hear otherwise from others.

Thanks again!

(Columbia County)

Mine is pending as well, out of the Columbia county sheriffs office in Bloomsburg. I was told it is not uncommon and would probably come in Monday or Tuesday from Harrisburg. I moved here from New Jersey in December. I do not have any offenses and whenever buying a handgun in NJ, I needed multiple extensive checks. In NJ you need a purchasers permit for every handgun purchased and they expire after 90 days. So permits are given out by NJ local municipalities after a background check through the FBI. Then of course the NICS check when buying the firearm itself. Also I have been fingerprinted in NJ when I initially received my NJ Firearms ID many years ago. So if I have never had an issue there...I do not see why I should have one here...hopefully. That being said I was hoping to go in and leave with my LTCF the same day...lol

(Allegheny County)

Got it as promised.

(Columbia County)

Just picked up mine as well...my wife came with me..and got hers right away...lol