Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Proposed ATF 80% rules and kits

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Twitter has a new thing where you can't view tweets unless you're logged in. Pretty gay if you ask me.
    It's all about the $$$ and getting the viewer numbers up to increase ad revenue. One can still read and not post, now they just need an account. And I find this comment kind of funny 'cause you have a fakebook account and didn't seem to be upset that I had to open one to respond to sellers on marketplace. I post absolutely nothing on fakebook. And Domino's pizza still sucks.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Alito reinstates ATF rules restricting "ghost guns" for now, as Supreme Court weighs request for relief

Justice Samuel Alito on Friday temporarily paused a lower court order that invalidated the Biden administration's restrictions on so-called "ghost guns," reviving a regulation from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for now.

In a brief order, Alito issued an administrative stay that will remain in place until 5 p.m. on August 4. He gave the group of gun owners, manufacturers and firearms advocacy organizations challenging the rule from the ATF until Wednesday at 5 p.m. to respond to the administration's request to reinstate the regulation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice...supreme-court/

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

According to Mark the SC stay really just added 24 hours. Probably to give all participants time to file briefings.

Stuart

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I said as much in post #6. It does not apply to privately made long guns sold FTF. *I suspect it would be a rare occasion that someone would want to sell their privately made firearm (but maybe that's just me).

Now I'm sure this rule change is all a bunch of shit stinking Biden fuckery that will possibly cause me a aneurysm as I wade my way through it, but can those naysayers that insisted that this meant PMF's needed to be serialized, finally put the below to rest?

can be found on page 7(and again on page 48) of the rule change here:https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...ation/download
    So you can trade a finished 80% lower to a buddy for a shotty?Still legal?

(Lehigh County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by M77MKII View Post
    WHAT KIND of lower are you talking about? An AR15, or a handgun?

(don't you already have a thread asking this exact question?)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Supreme Court Upholds Biden's 'Ghost Gun' Rules
    16 October 2023
    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/sup...16/id/1138509/

The Supreme Court on Monday ordered two internet sellers of gun parts to comply with a Biden administration regulation aimed at ghost guns, which are firearms that are difficult to trace because they lack serial numbers.

The court had intervened once before, by a 5-4 vote in August, to keep the regulation in effect after it had been invalidated by a lower court. No justice dissented publicly from Monday's order, which followed a ruling from a federal judge in Texas that exempted the two companies, Blackhawk Manufacturing Group and Defense Distributed, from having to abide by the regulation of ghost gun kits.

Other makers of gun parts also had been seeking similar court orders, the administration told the Supreme Court in a filing.

"Absent relief from this Court, therefore, untraceable ghost guns will remain widely available to anyone with a computer and a credit card * no background check required," wrote Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar, the administration's top Supreme Court lawyer.

The regulation changed the definition of a firearm under federal law to include unfinished parts, like the frame of a handgun or the receiver of a long gun, so they can be tracked more easily. Those parts must be licensed and include serial numbers. Manufacturers must also run background checks before a sale * as they do with other commercially made firearms.

The requirement applies regardless of how the firearm was made, meaning it includes ghost guns made from individual parts or kits or by 3D printers.

The regulation will be in effect while the administration appeals the judge's ruling to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, and potentially the Supreme Court.
    The new definition (rule) will be legally enforceable while the court case proceeds up the ladder.

(Schuylkill County)

US appeals court calls Biden's 'ghost gun' limits unlawful

By Nate Raymond

(Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Thursday ruled that the Biden administration lacked authority to adopt a regulation aimed at reining in privately made firearms called "ghost guns" that are difficult for law enforcement to trace.

A three-judge panel of the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with a group of firearm owners, gun rights groups and manufacturers in declaring the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' 2022 rule "unlawful."

The panel, comprised entirely of judges appointed by Republican former President Donald Trump, largely upheld a Texas judge's ruling against the rule, which targeted the rapid proliferation of such homemade weapons.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...127db6f0&ei=57

Biden administration is appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by M77MKII View Post
    80% rifle lower yes, 80% pistol no.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819