Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Obama plans to do to reduce gun violence

(Berks County)

Default Re: What Obama plans to do to reduce gun violence

Sigh what a bunch of liberal crap....
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Venango County)

if they do ban "assault rifles" will they take what we already have ?

maybe its a dumb question but idk...

(Monroe County)

Sensible gun laws my ass. Somone needs to set that fucker straight. I doubt he will aprove of my post......

(Schuylkill County)

Ok, #1 is a good one as long as there are no waiting periods. Not that a lot of criminals BUY their guns legally, but OK, its a feel good law and may catch some really dumb criminals.

#2 BS, a gun for self defense is always needed, no safe/locks should be required. This defeats the purpose of a gun for self defense (and was just tossed out by SCOTUS in the DC gun ban case. He may try and pass it, it will fail on its face.

#3 Canada spent a BILLION+ dollars and NEVER SOLVED A CRIME with a national gun database. They do not work. PERIOD.

The rest is just BS that will not have much of a chance. Here's an idea... allow all citizens to conceal carry... people will kill each other with dull buts of metal if that all that's around. Liberal horse crap from liberals. Nothing new here.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Sensible gun laws my ass. Somone needs to set that fucker straight. I doubt he will aprove of my post......
    Exnay.. on the Threatxty... Secretxty servixty is watchxty..

Seriously though..

1) Ok, don't we do that already for the most part?
    2) Ehhh.. Depends on how far they take it.. I don't leave my other pistols loaded and sitting on my counter-top when I leave my Apartment.. But sounds iffy..
    3) I thought they already did do that.. Do they mean the PA State police can't give the FBI a bullet to check there database? I don't see a problem with it.. Maybe someone could tell me the downside? (honestly I think I may be missing something. lol it's early)
    4) Crap, Crap, and more Crap.. Though we need to find statistics that argue against that 66% reduction in assault weapon usage during the ban.. You can only fight math with math..
    5) Good luck in getting that passed. Ha..
    6) Depends on what they mean.. If they simply mean "Making sure that the weapon won't explode in your hand" common sense industry regulated.. I'm down with that... However if they mean a huge expensive certification process that will double the prices of guns. well, no way..
    7) Depends on what they mean by "incentives" Last time I checked, the technology is still years away from being reliable.. Imagine a cop who couldn't use his weapon because the battery died and his weapon wouldn't fire..

Honestly, these aren't the end of the world.. SUCKS yes.. But its the same battles that have been fought before, and won.. Nothing to go ape shit about..

Take each one, fight the ones that go to far, and be reasonable. Like the certification process. I honestly don't have a problem with having a industry managed standard of safety features.. 99.9% of all handguns already have safeties.. Though some of the cheap-o poorly made weapons Asia may have problems.. But that increases the product share of American arms manufactures.. It's all in the wording.
    Last edited by Morel42; November 11th, 2008 at 07:29 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfury814 View Post
    if they do ban "assault rifles" will they take what we already have ?

maybe its a dumb question but idk...
    Most unlikely. Even if they manage to get it to a floor vote which is highly doubtful, Grandfather clauses are always included..

I expect a bill to be created.. Maybe even put up to a token floor vote so Dem's can say they tried.. But if the Republicans and Pro-2nd Dem's are able to put up a front against it, Obama won't use political capital to ram it through when he needs that clout and their cooperation on the 500 other things he'll need it for..

My opinion, but there ya go.

If you want to make a difference as a Republican now is the time to get involved in your party. The RNC Votes and elects it's delegates, it's also in disarray and looking for new blood and ideas.. NOW is a great time to get inside the door and start having your voice heard.. The Republicans need a "leader" that will pull the party together on it's core values without all the right wing ultra religious corporate lacky baggage.. Which is bad.. You need someone like Newt to get in there and organize them to a lean mean solid block..

Did I just say someone like Newt is needed? I can't believe I just said that... lol
    Last edited by Morel42; November 11th, 2008 at 07:35 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: What Obama plans to do to reduce gun violence

I wonder if the OBAMINATION plays the fiddle?

If he wants to "stop" 'gun violence,' what he REALLY needs, are some SHOW TRIALS!!!

Round up a dozen 'Joe the Plumbers' each week, each of whom LEGALLY owns such firearms as, an eeeeeeeeeeeeevil Ruger 10/22. or Taurus 605, and - of course - the eeeeeeeeeevil hench-leader of the week, who owns <<<GASP!!!>>> an AR-15!!! The EVILEST of ALL BLACK rifles (a 'racist' notion to be sure, but only if it's applied to members of the MONOchrome coalition, mind you).

Put them all on trial, in some cross between Judge Judy (Diane WHINEstien would be good in that role) and The Runing Man, wherein the eeeeeeeeeeeeevil gun owners get executed on live TV, for fun, profit & ratings!

And after the 2nd episode, when we've all decided, ENOUGH'S ENOUGH, he can stand on the balcony overlooking the Rose Garden, and play his fiddle... while the city burns in the background...

Bob

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I wonder if the OBAMINATION plays the fiddle?

If he wants to "stop" 'gun violence,' what he REALLY needs, are some SHOW TRIALS!!!

Round up a dozen 'Joe the Plumbers' each week, each of whom LEGALLY owns such firearms as, an eeeeeeeeeeeeevil Ruger 10/22. or Taurus 605, and - of course - the eeeeeeeeeevil hench-leader of the week, who owns <<<GASP!!!>>> an AR-15!!! The EVILEST of ALL BLACK rifles (a 'racist' notion to be sure, but only if it's applied to members of the MONOchrome coalition, mind you).

Put them all on trial, in some cross between Judge Judy (Diane WHINEstien would be good in that role) and The Runing Man, wherein the eeeeeeeeeeeeevil gun owners get executed on live TV, for fun, profit & ratings!

And after the 2nd episode, when we've all decided, ENOUGH'S ENOUGH, he can stand on the balcony overlooking the Rose Garden, and play his fiddle... while the city burns in the background...

Bob
    Omg.. Font's.. making head hurt... eyes.. bleeding...

(Pike County)

"Grandfather clauses are always included.."

Tell that to NJ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast