Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 3" vs 3 1/3" chamber

10 bucks for real wood? That*s a no brainer. Especially if you aren*t going out in the rain with it on a regular basis and you already said you like wood better than plastic.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

I have done ducks and turkey with 12 gauge in 3 and 3.5* shells and 10 gauge with 3* shells.

My observation hunting is that with all three a miss is a miss, and a hit is a kill. I never found the extra range of 10 gauge or the 3.5* 12 gauge particularly useful. What I did find was the 3.5* 12 gauge damaged more meat than even 10 gauge. Case in point using #5 shot on turkey I never had pellets penetrate into the breast meat with 10 gauge or 3* 12 gauge, but had multiple pellets in the breast meat on all four I shot with 3.5* 12 gauge. Now that*s not a valid sample size, but it was enough that I sold the 10 gauge and quit using 3.5* shells on turkey.

Now having said that if I were to get another semi auto it would take 3.5* shells on the chance that I might go after goose again or make another trip to Nebraska for pheasant.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    Seems like a 10ga. would make more sense at some point. The shot stack is getting pretty long in a 3 1/2" shell.
    Yah! Bring back the Ithaca "Roadblocker".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12