Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Value of rifles and where to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realize they had FFL. But still wouldn't trust them. They are in Nevada.:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Contact Us | Cash My Guns
    https://www.cashmyguns.com * contact
    We are located in Reno, Nevada and our hours of operation are 7am * 7pm (Pacific)

Their phone number is a Nevada area code.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still wouldn't use them. You'd do better at a LGS.

All good! And yeah the major thing I don't trust them on is ripping me off. I mean I get it, they need to make their money too and I'm paying for the convenience of them handling all the legal issues of selling them etc. I'll have to weigh how much that's worth to me.
    I also just submitted a quote from guns.com. Same thing as cashmyguns but a different website. We'll see if they come in higher.

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    This^^^
    Yep. I'm watching two auctions for the 30-30 rangers. No reserve and one is up to around $550 with a few days of bidding left.

(Washington County)

I usually start with my local forums, then move to places like gunbroker if I dont get a sale after a month or so. Depends how patient I feel like being.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by hellcatpekes View Post
    Yep. I'm watching two auctions for the 30-30 rangers. No reserve and one is up to around $550 with a few days of bidding left.
    If you have a Gunbroker login, you can do an advanced search then select completed items. You will see completed auctions and what the prices were. For example on the 30-30 Ranger, I'm seeing prices between 755 and 955 for auctions ended and sold no reserve.

(Lackawanna County)

Nobody has said it yet, but condition matters quite a bit when it comes to value.

(Lackawanna County)

What kind of scope is on it could make a difference too.

I use the site below to see what gun I have to sell has sold for recently and where.
    https://truegunvalue.com/
    I then offer if for the price I have determined on different classified ad sites that are gun friendly.
    Rennug, (the old Pennswood site), the classifieds here or at other specific sites I belong to such as 65Grendel Forums, and the one I have been in a long time.............."Men who look like Greek Gods who like Guns".
    I avoid Armslist like the bubonic plague and have bought off Gunbroker but don't think I would sell there.
    The last ditch effort is to carry your rifle around a local gun show, (if they allow it), with a sign on your back stating the gun and it's cash only price. Then ONLY sell to a buyer who has an active PA-LCF just to CYA yourself somewhat. Most hardened criminals will NOT want a 30-30 deer rifle for nefarious actions but, well, nothing surprises much anymore. Maybe they were Chuck Conners fans before they went to the darkside.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12