Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: LTCF / PURCHASES AFTER PARDON

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Does your attorney indicate how the pardon information is conveyed to PSP, FBI and the Police department where the offense was committed? Did you obtain an expungement order from the court? Was it forwarded to those agencies so that they may comply?

Bob D
    I submitted my full pardon certificate, and case ID. And if they decide to interpret other that what the exemption is via the written law.. theirs two court cases that set a percent for PA.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyFreedoms View Post
    I submitted my full pardon certificate, and case ID. And if they decide to interpret other that what the exemption is via the written law.. theirs two court cases that set a percent for PA.
    So long as you have received a pardon, you will eventually be able to buy guns and get a LTCF. ....now, not saying that there wont be hiccups at first - until all databases have been updated to your status.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Does your attorney indicate how the pardon information is conveyed to PSP, FBI and the Police department where the offense was committed? Did you obtain an expungement order from the court? Was it forwarded to those agencies so that they may comply?

Bob D

No clue. I*d like to think they*d respect court proceeding precedent. After they*ve lost twice to Prince Law. But I can*t speak for the mood or what the computer tells them when my info is plugged in.. or if they see I submitted my pardon info they*d actually double check and allow it to go through.

I*m mentally preparing myself for denials but I truly hope for once during this wild adventure maybe it swings my way and I can just move on with life as a free man.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    So long as you have received a pardon, you will eventually be able to buy guns and get a LTCF. ....now, not saying that there wont be hiccups at first - until all databases have been updated to your status.

Hoping for no hiccups. I always see those random *I never had a problem* posts and man just once it would be awesome to be one of those gents ��

(Berks County)

Hoping for no hiccups. I always see those random *I never had a problem* posts and man just once it would be awesome to be one of those gents **
    You must feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Are you rubbing your fists together like Nancy Piglosi at a SOTU address?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You must feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Are you rubbing your fists together like Nancy Piglosi at a SOTU address?
    Hahaha what was she even doing.. I can*t wait till her teeth fall out during a speech�� anyway.. yes I*m beyond excited I*m trying to suppress my impatience but each passing day it gets worse and worse

(York County)

UPDATE:

spoke with the sheriffs office today just to inquire because uee some of my friends apps were already returned and they are on their Merry way. I was told they processed it, and PSP has placed me in *researching* and from then they have 15 days to respond with an approval, denial or undetermined.

The sheriffs office said they processed my Application Feb 28th 2022

Question is that 15 business days? Or 15 days in total.. I*d assume government would run on Monday-Friday, but being completely new to all of this I have no idea.

(Berks County)

UPDATE:

spoke with the sheriffs office today just to inquire because uee some of my friends apps were already returned and they are on their Merry way. I was told they processed it, and PSP has placed me in *researching* and from then they have 15 days to respond with an approval, denial or undetermined.

The sheriffs office said they processed my Application Feb 28th 2022

Question is that 15 business days? Or 15 days in total.. I*d assume government would run on Monday-Friday, but being completely new to all of this I have no idea.
    Call the sheriff back after 15 calendar days and ask.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Centre County)

As said above^^^, it is calendar days, not business days. I had one guy go to research and the PSP Firearms Unit (they are the ones that do the PICS and the LTCF bgc) called me on day 15 and asked if they could go one more day, it had been approved but the person handling it was out sick and would be back the next day. I asked my customer and he said ok and the PSP called me the next day (pretty early) and gave me the approval number after the paperwork was all finished.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    As said above^^^, it is calendar days, not business days. I had one guy go to research and the PSP Firearms Unit (they are the ones that do the PICS and the LTCF bgc) called me on day 15 and asked if they could go one more day, it had been approved but the person handling it was out sick and would be back the next day. I asked my customer and he said ok and the PSP called me the next day (pretty early) and gave me the approval number after the paperwork was all finished.
    Awesome! I really appreciate the insight and experience. Since I*m beyond free at navigating all this it*s all helps! Again super appreciate it man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast