Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: ATF denying “Solvent Trap” Form 1’s!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Dude. It's a safety device.

The real question is, why are you allowing the atf to run roughshod over your life?
    This is all bullshit, and you going along with it makes it no better.
    This could all have been avoided if the atf just fucked off and died.
    Derp deep deep. Mfers act like the atf changed a law when nothing has changed at all. All that happened is they haven't been enforcing as hard the past few years. I had a run in with the atf a few years ago over form1 cans and tried to warn you all and everyone said I was full of shit. So go be a hero and have some unregistered silencers and get the law changed until then stfu with the bullshit

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Here's an excellent video on the ATF's abuses re: solvent traps and other ambiguous & secret rules.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Why are you projecting the sins of the BATF onto another forum member? I sold my AR pistol over a year ago because I have enough things to worry about in my life other than "will I get jacked up some day over a stupid piece of plastic." Does that make me a BATF enabler?
    Well yeah, pretty much.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Well yeah, pretty much.
    Oh no, I have failed the purity test of a keyboard commando! Do you even get off the couch, bro? Because you sure don't post about guns or shooting in this here gun forum.

USMC3531 has been in the ATF's crosshairs. Have you? No? Then take his advice and STFU.

My experience with fighting bogus gun charges was local, it was only for a summary offense. I have no appetite for picking a fight with the Feds over stupid shit.

(Washington County)

Breaking the law and telling others to break the law basically does nothing to change things or make things better.

Your efforts are better spent harassing your elected officials, rather than your fellow firearm enthusiasts, who follow the law and convoluted ATF rules.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Why are you projecting the sins of the BATF onto another forum member? I sold my AR pistol over a year ago because I have enough things to worry about in my life other than "will I get jacked up some day over a stupid piece of plastic." Does that make me a BATF enabler?
    You didn't call everyone that built, or bought an AR pistol stupid and responsible for ruining things for everybody else. USMC did.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    You didn't call everyone that built, or bought an AR pistol stupid and responsible for ruining things for everybody else. USMC did.
    Where exactly did I say anything about ar pistols? Or about anyone that bought one?

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Where exactly did I say anything about ar pistols? Or about anyone that bought one?
    Scruff used the analogy of his AR pistol causing himself discomfort equating that to the controversy with self-built suppressors.

Maybe that was a fair comparison or maybe it wasn't? How do you feel about people that bought an AR pistol to avoid having to SBR a rifle? Some might say that is folks trying to skirt the law, but the same can't hardly be said for someone trying form 1 a silencer regardless of how they made it.

Personally I found your original comment to be full fudd. Instead of blaming a bureaucracy that is seemingly out of control, you blame fellow citizens because they bought a parts kit as opposed to machining everything from raw sources. It makes no sense to me that the ATF is wasting time and resources going after people that from what I can see are trying to abide by the law and register their home built silencers.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Washington County)

I will be the first to stand up and say suppressors shouldn't be regulated as NFA items, and we should be able to have all the suppressor parts we want, but under the current rules which have been well established, I also say it's no surprise this happened. I agree the ATF could be doing much better things with their time.

With a part like a baffle (less one hole) we have something known to be illegal unless registered, has no other legitimate use, and an average non-gun owner off the street can discern what is going on.

We have more people making home made suppressors than ever, and vendors are making kits which are obviously a suppressor short of a hole or something simple.

It always seemed to me that was a party that would come to an end eventually.

Just like pistol braces, and just like forced reset triggers unless they win in court (I really hope they do).

People making suppressors from scratch are caught in the crossfire right now, unfairly, as it seems the ATF has overreacted to this situation.

I wish the ATF wasn't like this, but until we figure out how to changes the rules, we follow the rules, and people enjoy these loopholes while they can.

I supported pistol braces, forced reset triggers, and form 1 suppressors until they came into the cross hairs of the ATF. Now I say be cautious with pistol braces, hold off on that FRT purchase for now, and kiss 80% suppressor kits goodbye. Oh, and the ATF should be abolished.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    It always seemed to me that was a party that would come to an end eventually.
    This is the part that is absolute BS on the part of the ATF. A company generally sets the standard which then gets the okay from the ATF as a legal production part then you see the market take off. For example:

FRT15 is pretty similar to the design of the Tac-Con 3MR which has an ATF approval letter. In fact the FRT is supposed to be a lot safer then the Tac-Con 3MR.
    Pistol braces - I can't recall what the original ones were but obviously they got approval then you saw tons of different designs hit the market
    Form1 Suppressor's - Don't buy stuff predrilled (Alibaba stuff), don't buy stuff with dimples/nipples or any type of markings and don't drill/modify anything until you have an approved Form1 in hand

What pisses me off is you see countless YouTube channels using all the above and the ATF doesn't do anything about it. They just wait for more and more people to buy a braced pistol, FRT15 etc then magically say it's illegal after it catches on and tons of people have them.

I'd happily have bought an SBR instead of an AR15 pistol if I could have been in and out of the shop with my gun in the same time as I was with the AR Pistol. I'm certainly not an asshole for doing that along with millions of other people, the ATF is the asshole for waiting literally years upon years then saying "No, that's really an SBR". Absolute bullshit.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast