Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being DELCO

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Being DELCO

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Drinking on the toilet is acceptable. Eating is not.
    Toilets are designed for eating. You just have to sit backwards to use the tank as a table.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    Last summer a buddy in Sea Isle gave me a Delco flag for my boat.. Every trip we had people yelling DELCO!!!!

that Delco pride runs deep I guess..

Actually, it's a dichotomy or, more descriptively, a farce. People take pride in DELCO, but pride mostly in how DELCO sucks or is worthy of derision. There's a FB page called "Meanwhile, in Delco," which posts lots of irreverent and deprecating memes about DELCO. Not even sure it's hosted by someone from DELCO, but DELCO-ites (?) eat it up. Kind of like how Philly takes pride in being known as the town that throws snowballs at Santa.

Curiously, growing up in DELCO in the 70's-80's, no one thought of themselves as "DELCO." People identified only with their hometown or school. I don't know when, how or why DELCO even became a thing in the first place.

Still, now that it exists, I'm tempted to buy some DELCO swag to show DELCO "pride" when I'm far away from DELCO just like I wore Philly sports team gear while away in the military...so other members of the tribe can identify me.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Actually, it's a dichotomy or, more descriptively, a farce. People take pride in DELCO, but pride mostly in how DELCO sucks or is worthy of derision. There's a FB page called "Meanwhile, in Delco," which posts lots of irreverent and deprecating memes about DELCO. Not even sure it's hosted by someone from DELCO, but DELCO-ites (?) eat it up. Kind of like how Philly takes pride in being known as the town that throws snowballs at Santa.

Curiously, growing up in DELCO in the 70's-80's, no one thought of themselves as "DELCO." People identified only with their hometown or school. I don't know when, how or why DELCO even became a thing in the first place.

Still, now that it exists, I'm tempted to buy some DELCO swag to show DELCO "pride" when I'm far away from DELCO just like I wore Philly sports team gear while away in the military...so other members of the tribe can identify me.
    Agreed,I grew up in Collingdale at the same time and I don*t remember any kind of kinship with the rest of the county.

My dad just gave me this. I think he said its the only time they went undefeated. Its got john cappelletti's autograph on the other side.

FJB

(Chester County)

Agreed,I grew up in Collingdale at the same time and I don*t remember any kind of kinship with the rest of the county.
    Agree, I think it was more about township kinship.

Parents both graduated from Ridley HS and I lived there until age 7. Lots of relatives have passed on, but many are still there and also in Prospect Park.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Agree, I think it was more about township kinship.

Parents both graduated from Ridley HS and I lived there until age 7. Lots of relatives have passed on, but many are still there and also in Prospect Park.
    Yeah, I didn*t care for Ridley back then, mostly because of Matt Blunden. They were a powerhouse.. Last year my son*s team (North Penn) lost to them in the playoffs*����***

(Delaware County)

Yeah, I didn*t care for Ridley back then, mostly because of Matt Blunden. They were a powerhouse.. Last year my son*s team (North Penn) lost to them in the playoffs********
    Ha, Matt was a couple years younger than me but lived across the street. I broke his arm in a backyard football game once. I guess that's the closest I've come to the NFL! Matt had a super hot older sister.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Toilets are designed for eating. You just have to sit backwards to use the tank as a table.
    But then you land battleships on the beach....unacceptable..

(Delaware County)

Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12