Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(York County)

Default Full Governor’s Pardon Received

I*m inquiring on what my future holds. It feels absolutely amazing to shed this burden after 10 years. I*m currently submitting for my expungement with an Attorney. Just to erase (so we*re told) my history from the books.

I received it Feb 15th 2022. And from what I*ve read on the books is Gov Wolfs office or suppose to notify the PSP and FBI of the clemency.

I was made aware this was almost instant? Is that true? I did apply for my LTCF along with my social just incase and submitted my app with my ID and documentation on my Pardon and Pardon Case I.D # paperwork.

Has anyone gone through this? That can maybe shed some light on what I may run into?? though was thorough and honest with them and I maybe in my own head. But I*m still extremely freaked out that I applied or to even purchase a firearm. I know it seems strange but screwing up at 18 one time scared me straight.

I*m in York Country*** if that helps anyone in their response

(Berks County)

Default Re: Full Governor’s Pardon Received

There was a guy in just your situation posted a week or so ago but I don't recall his name or where he posted it around here. Congratulations and good luck. What do you intend to buy first?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There was a guy in just your situation posted a week or so ago but I don't recall his name or where he posted it around here. Congratulations and good luck. What do you intend to buy first?
    All my friends who have been in the firearms arena of life shoot competition. So for me I*d personally like to purchase a handgun first just so I can practice along side them (form, presentation, and drills) I can*t justify spending the sort of money that have soaked into their arms upfront but I*ll probably go medium range like a shadow systems or Zev just because 10 years of waiting I feel like maybe I need to spoil myself just am little. I did check out a Walther PDP the other day and absolutely loved how it felt but as an absolute novice I*ll be patient on my first buy and maybe rent or try others firearms out first. I just hope I didn*t jump the hun(yes I know the pun) applying for my LTCF to early but from what I read *law* wise I should be absolutely fine. And can*t see how it could be declined. I even saw a case where someone was denied but I chalk it up to sowing self doubt in myself of being deemed a burden on society for selling a dime of weed when I was 18.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyFreedoms View Post
    All my friends who have been in the firearms arena of life shoot competition.
    So you probably want to look at a longer-barrel "target" type .22 pistol if competition is your thing. Like a Ruger Mark IV.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    So you probably want to look at a longer-barrel "target" type .22 pistol if competition is your thing. Like a Ruger Mark IV.
    I*m open to all and any advice. I*ll definitely take this into consideration. My goal one day is to have of course many to choose from and enjoy with friends or just around the farm. Appreciate that!

(Berks County)

Good, we get to find out if it's too early or not and it's not even at our own expense. How did you apply, online?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Good, we get to find out if it's too early or not and it's not even at our own expense. How did you apply, online?

Yes I applied online. That way everything would be submitted digitally and legible. I didn*t want anything to get misconstrued or mis typed transferring over a hand written document. And that way I could also submit the photos in a additional info bar so they*d have my License number and photos of my pardon documents side by side. And felt it was the most honest transparent way. It says I answer *no* on the have you ever been convicted of a felony. Which after a pardon you are absolved of carrying that marker but I don*t want to be seen as sneaky so I added everything I felt they*d like

(Lackawanna County)

Understanding what you want to shoot competitively will make a difference. A 22 is only good in steel challenge and other 22 specific events and steeel challenge is boring

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Understanding what you want to shoot competitively will make a difference. A 22 is only good in steel challenge and other 22 specific events and steeel challenge is boring
    I have no desire to shoot competition anytime for the foreseeable future. I was just making the statement when asked about what gun I plan on buying first which lead me to just say most likely will be a handgun just because my friends who do shoot comp normally drill together with handguns. Maybe later down the line I*ll look more into plinker guns tho

I*m more geared towards people who have pardon experience atm to make sure I have all my i*s dotted and t*s crossed. I am so excited to have this behind me and hope for good it all is
    Last edited by OnlyFreedoms; March 2nd, 2022 at 07:13 PM.

How long befor you got the letter was your hearing??? Just wondering because I had a hearing last year and never got the final paperwork. Just waiting!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast