Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Holster attached to motorcycle?

So as easily as I can explain it, I typically iwb or pocket carry daily. I wanted to get a holster for my edc while riding my harley and attach it to my crash guard. While riding I wanted to leave the sidearm their, and as soon as I dismount move the sidearm to my primary holster. I was wondering if this was even legal? I know some might regard it as stupid, or even a little mall ninjaish, bit I have my reasons. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Holster attached to motorcycle?

I don't know of any law preventing you from doing it, but I don't think it's a great idea. When I ride I carry owb with a holster that has a retention strap. Mounted to the bike makes it easier for it to be lost or stolen in event of a crash , plus moving it from your person to and from. The bike gives more opportunity for a negligent discharge. Then there's the whole Karen aspect.... people seeing you handle a gun etc...

(Chester County)

There's probably no law against mounting a holster to the bike they make holsters to mount in cars in the console or under the dash. Safariland has a whole system for snapping the holster into different mounts. There are a few model variations for the Quick Release mounts.

https://safariland.com/collections/holster-attachments
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skid16 View Post
    So as easily as I can explain it, I typically iwb or pocket carry daily. I wanted to get a holster for my edc while riding my harley and attach it to my crash guard. While riding I wanted to leave the sidearm their, and as soon as I dismount move the sidearm to my primary holster. I was wondering if this was even legal? I know some might regard it as stupid, or even a little mall ninjaish, bit I have my reasons. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    IMO you would still be required to have a LTCF or equivalent out of state permit to legally do this.
    I would never mount a gun to my motorcycle, but I can see a couple of advantages, I prefer to keep the gun on my person while riding.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

As mentioned previously.. it's a bad idea. You have to draw it from whatever you use to mount it to the bike and in that second if somebody sees you with a gun in your hand there's potential for all kinds of problems. Safest place to keep your firearm is on your person. I personally utilize a safariland 6000 series level 3 retention holster with a paddle. It gives me good retention in the holster and is easy enough to take off and put back on when necessary. I have resisted the urge to mount a shotgun scabbard vertically on my bike :-)

(Northampton County)

Ride 'em Cowboy!!