Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did the law change?

A friend bought a suppressor at the harrisburg show and he said when the paperwork clears,
    the vendor will ship it directly to him

(Berks County)

Default Re: Did the law change?

guessing they are using this place
    https://www.silencercentral.com/serv...rect-shipping/

(Berks County)

It might be accompanied by a visit by the ATF.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lackawanna County)

Depends on if the ffl has an ffl in the state of pa or not. It seems some have worked this out. Capitol armory is in that process as well

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Depends on if the ffl has an ffl in the state of pa or not. It seems some have worked this out. Capitol armory is in that process as well
    ^^^ THIS.

From Silencer Central's website:

DIRECT 2U SHIPPING -- HOME SWEET HOME DELIVERY
    We are licensed in all 42 states where suppressors are legal and that allows us to deliver your new silencer directly to your front door.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Centre County)

I'll have to do some research on that. When someone buys a suppressor, and does the Form 4 paperwork and submits everything to the ATF, the ATF does the BGC. When approved the Form 4 with the tax stamp attached is sent to the FFL doing the transfer. At that time, the buyer must come in to the FFL and fill out a 4473 (certain blocks don't have to be filled out because the BGC check was done by the feds). No PA paperwork is required because PA doesn't recognize them as firearms (smart). So how is the item being transferred? A 4473 has to be filled out and signed when the transfer happens and as far as I know, it has to be done in person. So how is the 4473 being done if the suppressor is delivered directly to you? Does someone from SilencerCentral bring the suppressor and the 4473 with them for you to fill out?

Well, I checked their site and still have some questions.

Here is what they say: To have the silencer mailed, we simply send you some paperwork to complete, usually via email to further streamline. The forms are short and simple, and we include directions with them to ensure you fill out all of the necessary sections. After completing the paperwork, simply send it back to us! We take care of the rest. And once we*ve dotted all of our I*s and crossed our T*s, we put the silencer in the mail to be sent to you!

This kinda tells me that they send the 4473 via email for the buyer to fill out and send back to them. Then they fill out the FFL portions and file it and mail the suppressor. That brings up the question - I was told, from the first time I got my FFL that the 4473 had to be completed at the FFL location, in person so the FFL can verify the identity of the buyer (compare/note on the 4473 the DL or other ID from the buyer). Did they get special permission to not do what all other FFLs are told they have to do?
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I'll have to do some research on that. When someone buys a suppressor, and does the Form 4 paperwork and submits everything to the ATF, the ATF does the BGC. When approved the Form 4 with the tax stamp attached is sent to the FFL doing the transfer. At that time, the buyer must come in to the FFL and fill out a 4473 (certain blocks don't have to be filled out because the BGC check was done by the feds). No PA paperwork is required because PA doesn't recognize them as firearms (smart). So how is the item being transferred? A 4473 has to be filled out and signed when the transfer happens and as far as I know, it has to be done in person. So how is the 4473 being done if the suppressor is delivered directly to you? Does someone from SilencerCentral bring the suppressor and the 4473 with them for you to fill out?

Well, I checked their site and still have some questions.

Here is what they say: To have the silencer mailed, we simply send you some paperwork to complete, usually via email to further streamline. The forms are short and simple, and we include directions with them to ensure you fill out all of the necessary sections. After completing the paperwork, simply send it back to us! We take care of the rest. And once we*ve dotted all of our I*s and crossed our T*s, we put the silencer in the mail to be sent to you!

This kinda tells me that they send the 4473 via email for the buyer to fill out and send back to them. Then they fill out the FFL portions and file it and mail the suppressor. That brings up the question - I was told, from the first time I got my FFL that the 4473 had to be completed at the FFL location, in person so the FFL can verify the identity of the buyer (compare/note on the 4473 the DL or other ID from the buyer). Did they get special permission to not do what all other FFLs are told they have to do?
    This article by Prince law talks about this situation in more detail. https://blog.princelaw.com/2016/11/3...ough-the-mail/

I knew that FFLs could mail suppressors once approved, but didn't realize they have to submit an additional copy of 4473 to the CLEO before they can ship it.
    I am not a lawyer.

Will guns be next? I think a NFA C&R can me shipped directly to your door. This is a good thing.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Will guns be next? I think a NFA C&R can me shipped directly to your door. This is a good thing.
    This is a way for the ATF to get us to stop complaining about the NFA. "Oh we can get our stuff sent directly to our house...after going through all of the hoops to buy a piece of metal? Awesome!"

It's a distraction. Repeal the NFA and abolish the ATF.
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    This is a way for the ATF to get us to stop complaining about the NFA. "Oh we can get our stuff sent directly to our house...after going through all of the hoops to buy a piece of metal? Awesome!"

It's a distraction. Repeal the NFA and abolish the ATF.
    Imagine that, there would be a lot of pissed off investors. I would be nice though, owning a minigun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast