Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Solvent Trap engraving?

Hey Troops,

I picked up one of these “solvent traps”, (not to be confused with the crap Chineseum ones), I like the quality of these, and am going to Form
    1 it and “build” it as a suppressor….. my question is in these tubeless supressors, where do you have it engraved? This one has a steel rifle adapter, and an aluminum expansion chamber, and then the 6 screw on baffles…. I likely will not use the rifle adapter much, so I am thinking the aluminum expansion chamber is my best bet…. But I have been wrong before….
    Thanks!
    Fred

https://f5mfg.com/product/f-u-c-c-ul...oster-package/
    Last edited by 1096369fred; March 3rd, 2022 at 09:50 PM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: F5 “solvent trap” engraving!

I’d engrave it as close to the thread adapter as you can get it so if you smoke a baffle you don’t smoke your serial

(Berks County)

I'm surmising that this is a type of 'modular' design where you remove sections for different lengths? If so, engrave the part that is used in every configuration. As said above, you don't want to lose your 'registered part' if you lose a baffle.

(Centre County)

Engrave it on the section that is closest to the barrel end, that is what will be connected to the barrel and the other parts are forward of it so it will "survive" most anything other that a catastrophic event.

Saw the price on the site and jaw hit the ground. $399 and that's the sale price?? That attachment must really be something special.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Yeah it is not cheap, it is really well made, and *solvent trap* is a misnomer with these*. They are modular and come with a steel * rifle* adapter (although they don*t really say how they will hold up for centerfire cartridges, so I think I*ll stick with pistol ammo or maybe sub sonic 300 Blackout through these. (it is also an odd thread size so you will need the 1/2x28 / $20 adapter to use on most .22 or 9mm carbine application)( or if you wish the booster/Nelson device, for use on 9mm or .45 with tilting barrel systems), the aluminum expansion chamber, the end cap, And two aluminum *jigs* to cut off the nubs on the end caps and baffles*.with any friendly neighborhood hacksaw, (once all appropriate fees are paid and form 1*s are duly approved, of course!) The baffles and end caps can be cut in .45, 9mm, or .22 as you wish*. I*m going to do mine in 9mm for the versatility, and little apparent difference in sound quality for .22* (IMHO).
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Washington County)

I've seen them engraved on a face like this:

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Bucks County)

Hey That*s pretty cool*.I never would have thought to put them on the end caps*.

For the good of the order, They are also on sale*. But most likely won*t function in a browning action pistol without a booster/Nelson device*.

https://f5mfg.com/product/f-u-c-c-so...vqhE%3D.RvXKH8

(Bucks County)

Rut-Roe boys and girls*. Looks like ATF is denying Form 1s for these on the grounds that
    Solvent Traps are already suppressors
    Even if they are uncut or drilled*. Never doubt that ATF has no qualms about changing/breaking their own rules*.

This is major bullshit!!!

ATF disapproves large numbers of Form 1 applications...
    View this email in your browser

WASHINGTON, D.C. * Earlier this week, the American Suppressor Association was notified by ASA members that ATF has recently disapproved a large number of Form 1 applications to manufacture suppressors. As we work to gather all the facts surrounding these denials, we are simultaneously working alongside the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition (FRAC) to develop a unified response.

Be on the lookout in the coming days for more information on what is transpiring and what you can do to help!

In the meantime, please let us know if you*ve had a Form 1 or Form 4 application denied in the last several weeks. You can email us at:

info@amsuppressor.com
    Last edited by 1096369fred; March 3rd, 2022 at 09:38 PM.