Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MErRiCk gArLAnD & USDOJ attempt to interfere with Missouri gun rights laws

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jus...amendment-bill

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/17/10813...gun-rights-law

Missouri passes state law that explicitly bans compliance with certain federal gun laws without an interstate commerce nexus. Like a few Mountain West states did about 10 years ago.

Feds try to take it down.

Much like what is going on up in Canada right now, they're doing everything they can to flex their power, lest people get the idea that they could revolt.

"This act impedes criminal law enforcement operations in Missouri," U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement. "The United States will work to ensure that our state and local law enforcement partners are not penalized for doing their jobs to keep our communities safe."
    Right, because when it comes to suppressing civil rights, law and order are important- but while Democrat protesters burn cities, "it's a state issue". And, as well all know, prosecution of criminals based on 4473's and whatnot is rare.

What are y'all's thoughts on whether this type of BS intimidation attempt will ratchet up a notch in advance of a crackdown on "dissidents"?
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: MErRiCk gArLAnD & USDOJ attempt to interfere with Missouri gun rights laws

That's the plan.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: MErRiCk gArLAnD & USDOJ attempt to interfere with Missouri gun rights laws

I read a bit about this. MO has enacted a Safer Streets program in which state and federal agencies would cooperate to arrest and prosecute violent criminals and crimes. The DOJ ended their cooperation in addition to filing the lawsuit.

https://www.examiner.net/story/news/...nt/6866212001/
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I read a bit about this. MO has enacted a Safer Streets program in which state and federal agencies would cooperate to arrest and prosecute violent criminals and crimes. The DOJ ended their cooperation in addition to filing the lawsuit.

Thank you, good find. It sounds like there's an urban/rural divide amongst state officials in this situation. Democrats know gun control is always a losing issue, so it seems they're trying to pick off one enemy at a time rather than risk a political war they won't win. I have a feeling this behavior will escalate in anticipation of the midterm elections.

At the moment, urban residents- black, white, poor, (D), (R), alike- are somewhat more aware of generalized violence and disorder than is usually the case.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post

So that means there shall be NO Joint Federal/State/Local programs like "Project Exile" that worked so well in Richmond VA. years ago. In short Garland refuses to prosecute violations of GCA '68 unless it is against a "political opponent" of the current administration.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

What's with the spelling of Garland's name in the title,what am I missing?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

They will ignore tons of other instances of states ignoring federal law (Marijuana laws being passed by states). Then focus on states putting laws into place to protect the 2nd Amendment because the federal government is violating something prominently placed in the Constitution that is meant to protect citizens from the government. Literally the supreme law of the land. The founding fathers must be rolling over in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    They will ignore tons of other instances of states ignoring federal law (Marijuana laws being passed by states). Then focus on states putting laws into place to protect the 2nd Amendment because the federal government is violating something prominently placed in the Constitution that is meant to protect citizens from the government. Literally the supreme law of the land. The founding fathers must be rolling over in their graves.
    Yes, this is a good example of how when states & the Feds work too closely, such that the state becomes dependent on the Feds, the Feds can effectively end-run the Federal system by threatening to withold their support. Being that the end-game of Lefists, for some time, has been a more powerful centralized government- in my view, it is critical that our efforts to protect the 2A make preservation of the Federal system a top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    What's with the spelling of Garland's name in the title,what am I missing?
    This post spells it the same way as the title, wHAt aM i mIssINg?

SeE wHaT i DId tHErE?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    This post spells it the same way as the title, wHAt aM i mIssINg?

SeE wHaT i DId tHErE?
    Oh okay,since I can't get a straight answer to my question guess I'll just have to chalk it up as some joke that went over my head.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast