Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moved To DE... Address Change to permit

Hi everyone, hope you all are safe and healthy. Have a question, I moved to Delaware, my license is from Delco and doesn't expire for another year. I do not have my DE permit yet (submitted), as it is a pain to get here and a 6-8 month process time once submitted. Not currently carrying because i don't have DE.

On Delco their site they don't seem to issue to anyone outside of Delco, let a lone a non-resident. They do have an online address change form.

Does any know that since i already have the license, by updating my address it'll go through? Or could/will they deny and revoke my license because I'm not in Delaware and or in DE without my DE license?

My alternate option i am looking into is to wait, receive my DE license and then just go to York county and submit and app.

Thanks for any info or input.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Moved To DE... Address Change to permit

Quote Originally Posted by thaghost87 View Post
    Hi everyone, hope you all are safe and healthy. Have a question, I moved to Delaware, my license is from Delco and doesn't expire for another year. I do not have my DE permit yet (submitted), as it is a pain to get here and a 6-8 month process time once submitted. Not currently carrying because i don't have DE.

On Delco their site they don't seem to issue to anyone outside of Delco, let a lone a non-resident. They do have an online address change form.

Does any know that since i already have the license, by updating my address it'll go through? Or could/will they deny and revoke my license because I'm not in Delaware and or in DE without my DE license?

My alternate option i am looking into is to wait, receive my DE license and then just go to York county and submit and app.

Thanks for any info or input.
    By state law, since you don't have a DE license, the Delco sheriff is mandated to revoke your LTCF once you inform them.

18 PA CSA 6109

(i) Revocation.--A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit.

(e)(1)(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).
    IANAL

(Berks County)

You have to bite the bullet and wait for the DE state 'license,' then apply for the PA non-resident LTCF. I wouldn't want to get jammed up where I had DE residency and driver's license and a resident PA LTCF.

(Jefferson County)

Do not inform the sheriff until AFTER you receive a DE permit/license. tl_3237 explained why.

Once you receive your DE permit, then notify the issuing sheriff of your PA LTCF of an address change. Your LTCF would still be valid thereafter.

There is no resident/non-resident LTCF, there is only a LTCF. With non-residents having one extra issuing(retaining) criteria - the need to be licensed by your (new) home state, if said state issued a license/permit. Vermont is the only state that doesn't issue, and their residents are the only ones that are exempt.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Do not inform the sheriff until AFTER you receive a DE permit/license. tl_3237 explained why.

Once you receive your DE permit, then notify the issuing sheriff of your PA LTCF of an address change. Your LTCF would still be valid thereafter.

There is no resident/non-resident LTCF, there is only a LTCF. With non-residents having one extra issuing(retaining) criteria - the need to be licensed by your (new) home state, if said state issued a license/permit. Vermont is the only state that doesn't issue, and their residents are the only ones that are exempt.
    And they also get to choose which Sheriff they go to to get their LTCF.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    By state law, since you don't have a DE license, the Delco sheriff is mandated to revoke your LTCF once you inform them.
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

Good information, fellas. Thanks for the knowledge.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Thank you.

Thanks.

Appreciate that. Kinda what I was thinking

Wish all counties accepted non-res

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast