Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Moved To DE... Address Change to permit

Quote Originally Posted by thaghost87 View Post
    Hi everyone, hope you all are safe and healthy. Have a question, I moved to Delaware
    I just left DE to live somewhere redder, not sliding into Communism, and NOT overwhelmed with Covid fear and Karens.

To make the best of it:

1. Join Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club. It's a great place to shoot, a great bunch of people, and not much more than an hour's drive, anywhere in DE. Their IDPA Club is top notch, 6 matches a month and $5/match (even for non-members).

2. Join DSSA. They punch above their weight class and the only real reason DE residents still have gun rights.

3. If you live in Smyrna/Middletown area and Bruce Ennis is your Senator, vote for him even though he is a Dem. He is A+ rated by the NRA and carries a lot of weight in stopping stupid gun laws.

4. Register as a Dem. Write the Dem State Senators and Reps to tell them you are a pro-gun Dem. If you write them as a R, your letter gets trashed.

5. There are a lot of RINOs in DE, especially up north. Do your research before you vote and donate.

6. Jeff Spiegelman is a State House leader in gun and hunting rights.

7. Up north my favorite shop was XRing, but First State Firearms is up and coming also. Federal Firearms in Middletown is great too. Don't go to Miller's, he took a dump on the 2A a few years back. That's why the parking lot is empty.

8. Down south, I like BKK in Bridgeville and JD Defense in Georgetown, for gun shops

9. If you want a precision rig, have Paul Williams build it.

10. Eat a Nic-o-boli for me, and good luck living behind enemy lines

Duplicate post

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I just left DE to live somewhere redder, not sliding into Communism, and NOT overwhelmed with Covid fear and Karens.

To make the best of it:

1. Join Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club. It's a great place to shoot, a great bunch of people, and not much more than an hour's drive, anywhere in DE. Their IDPA Club is top notch, 6 matches a month and $5/match (even for non-members).

2. Join DSSA. They punch above their weight class and the only real reason DE residents still have gun rights.

3. If you live in Smyrna/Middletown area and Bruce Ennis is your Senator, vote for him even though he is a Dem. He is A+ rated by the NRA and carries a lot of weight in stopping stupid gun laws.

4. Register as a Dem. Write the Dem State Senators and Reps to tell them you are a pro-gun Dem. If you write them as a R, your letter gets trashed.

5. There are a lot of RINOs in DE, especially up north. Do your research before you vote and donate.

6. Jeff Spiegelman is a State House leader in gun and hunting rights.

7. Up north my favorite shop was XRing, but First State Firearms is up and coming also. Federal Firearms in Middletown is great too. Don't go to Miller's, he took a dump on the 2A a few years back. That's why the parking lot is empty.

8. Down south, I like BKK in Bridgeville and JD Defense in Georgetown, for gun shops

9. If you want a precision rig, have Paul Williams build it.

10. Eat a Nic-o-boli for me, and good luck living behind enemy lines
    Good info. I live just inside PA from DE. What did Millers do, exactly? Also, any thoughts on Starquest on 202?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Starquest seem like good guys. Never bought a gun from.them. Prices are a little higher. XRing prices are lower and they can do Glock Blue Label if you are GSSF. First State usually has the best inventory.

Then again my info is about a year old.

Millers pushed mandatory background checks for all transfers. Not impressed with their customer service either.

Amazing info thank you!!

I've been recommend to Federal firearms several times but I can never get anyone on the phone and the address listed is to a residential property. I Iive 5min them.

Been to xring just for ammo. I like the people over at American sportsman, purchased my 365xL from them recently after making the mistake of going to cabelas.

Where could I find info on Paul Williams?

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Hi everyone, hope you all are safe and healthy. Have a question, I moved to Delaware, my license is from Delco and doesn't expire for another year. I do not have my DE permit yet (submitted), as it is a pain to get here and a 6-8 month process time once submitted. Not currently carrying because i don't have DE.

On Delco their site they don't seem to issue to anyone outside of Delco, let a lone a non-resident. They do have an online address change form.

Does any know that since i already have the license, by updating my address it'll go through? Or could/will they deny and revoke my license because I'm not in Delaware and or in DE without my DE license?

My alternate option i am looking into is to wait, receive my DE license and then just go to York county and submit and app.

Thanks for any info or input.
    Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    By state law, since you don't have a DE license, the Delco sheriff is mandated to revoke your LTCF once you inform them.
    I can’t find the thread, but I asked a similar question when I moved to DE 8-9 years ago. My PA LTCF was still valid. I seem to remember that Gunlawyer said something to the effect that it is possible the local sheriff somehow might get wind of the move and revoke your LTCF without you knowing it.

Hope not. But won't be an issue if they do. I'm not carrying until the DE permit comes in. When I finally receive it then I'll do an address change and should then find out if it's been revoke.

(Chester County)

Hope not. But won't be an issue if they do. I'm not carrying until the DE permit comes in. When I finally receive it then I'll do an address change and should then find out if it's been revoke.
    Send a copy of your DE license along with your change of address. Might save some grief in the change process.
    IANAL

Where could I find info on Paul Williams?
    Your PM inbox is full

Thanks. Will do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast