Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Rethinking home defense options

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Center of my forehead to Adam's apple is 8-1/2 inches. Eye pupil to eye pupil about 3-1/4 inches. Still 4 inches within the orbital sockets. Laser played into the eyes is definitely going to interrupt or alter perp's plans. Painting a face with a laser, concentrating on trying for the nose, indoors in the home is far from a tedious chore. Comparing those dimensions to the desired area over the heart, I don't see a big difference.
    I could just shoot their guns out of their hands or shoot them in the leg, problem solved, glad I come here for a solid understanding of defending ones self.
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

Sorry. Thought you were serious.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I think the point is even if you miss the head size portion of center mass, you're still likely to hit something. Also the head moves very rapidly, like other extremities, however center mass is the last to move because it is the heaviest. So it's probably easier to hit the head size portion of the body which is center mass than the actual head of the individual who is trying to do harm to you.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I think the point is even if you miss the head size portion of center mass, you're still likely to hit something. Also the head moves very rapidly, like other extremities, however center mass is the last to move because it is the heaviest. So it's probably easier to hit the head size portion of the body which is center mass than the actual head of the individual who is trying to do harm to you.
    Exactly. Heads turn, dodge and duck. When fired on the natural and immediate instinct is to duck. If you are shooting at the head and they duck, you miss. If you are shooting at the torso and they duck, well, we know what you hit. And people don't advance into situations where there may be shooting with their fricking head sticking up like a lollipop, they are crouched over "no neck" style, so there may not be a discernable head to shoot at. Add to that, I'm not John Wick, I'm shooting at the biggest most stationary target, that's the torso.
    The Hostler

(Butler County)

Well with that in mind, if you don't have rounds to pierce armor then get a new trigger like the FRT and light 'em up as they come in the door. Sending that many rounds their way will most certainly do some significant damage.
    -Brandon

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Well with that in mind, if you don't have rounds to pierce armor then get a new trigger like the FRT and light 'em up as they come in the door. Sending that many rounds their way will most certainly do some significant damage.
    and then you should probably add one of these as you'll need the extra rounds lol

-Brandon

(Franklin County)

That was my point in this thread. From my research, light 55 grain 556 rounds have enough velocity to punch through steel armor when fired from a 16" barrel, while steel penetrator rounds will go through composite armor. That seems opposite of what it should be.
    The Hostler

If you take a shot to the armor, it's probably taking you out of the fight anyway. Punching through that armor is offensive more than defensive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345