Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Scammer responding to WTB classifieds - username jordan900

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Kang View Post
    I'm very very sorry, I got it all confused, from email messages. I just edited out my post, I had a great transaction with Coltglock45. The scammer is Goodshooter
    I know I'm newer on here and just trying to figure it out. trying my best.
    maybe if you were more than a classifieds lurker
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Washington County)

I'm friends with a women in her early 70s. Her husband recently died. She's been having a rough time, lot's of stress and chaos in her life. A couple weeks ago she got a call from "Publishers Clearing House" to tell her she had won a car. They just needed $1800 cash mailed to an address in Texas to cover delivery/taxes/whatever. Great news she thought, and she tossed $1800 cash in the mail.

She came to her senses the next day and told me what happened. If you look at the address she mailed it to, it's an abandoned run down house. Thankfully, she sent the cash in a USPS envelope that has tracking. We learned that anything sent via USPS with tracking can be intercepted by the sender and returned for $15. Just had to fill out an online form. The intercept worked and the cash came back. Money she really needs to pay funeral bills, etc.

The scammers kept up their calls for a week, using different phone numbers, trying the sweet talk and then making threats. Seeing the whole thing play out was disturbing to say the least. I hope they get what they deserve.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I'm friends with a women in her early 70s. Her husband recently died. She's been having a rough time, lot's of stress and chaos in her life. A couple weeks ago she got a call from "Publishers Clearing House" to tell her she had won a car. They just needed $1800 cash mailed to an address in Texas to cover delivery/taxes/whatever. Great news she thought, and she tossed $1800 cash in the mail.

She came to her senses the next day and told me what happened. If you look at the address she mailed it to, it's an abandoned run down house. Thankfully, she sent the cash in a USPS envelope that has tracking. We learned that anything sent via USPS with tracking can be intercepted by the sender and returned for $15. Just had to fill out an online form. The intercept worked and the cash came back. Money she really needs to pay funeral bills, etc.

The scammers kept up their calls for a week, using different phone numbers, trying the sweet talk and then making threats. Seeing the whole thing play out was disturbing to say the least. I hope they get what they deserve.
    Good looking out!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234