So I have always wanted to learn how to hunt. Some of you may have seen my Lounge post on losing my Brittany dog Buck.

One of my biggest regrets was that he never got to go hunting. He had an excellent instinct for hunting and could point and flush like nobody's business. If he had the proper training he would have been a top-tier hunting companion and I never could give that to him.

The wife and I have another Brittany puppy on the way in a month or two and I would like to train it for hunting but the issue is, I never have hunted a day in my life. I grew up in a family without any sort of firearms or etc and certainly nobody hunted so I never had the benefit of being taught by my father or even any family or family friends who hunted. Nothing. My entire firearms experience has revolved around self-defense, collecting, and history. I feel like I am missing out on a large chunk of American heritage as well as a life-skill that I could pass on to my future children that I never had the luxury of having passed down to me.

I would love to learn how to A: Learn how to hunt and B: Train my upcoming dog to hunt. Any info on where to start for someone without any experience would be much appreciated. Anyone in the Harrisburg/ Hershey/ Lancaster area who bird hunts with a dog and wouldn't mind a complete newbie learning from them would be even better.