Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Is the Remington 870 being made again?

The price of barrels and wood stocks is nuts for these guns. Are they done being manufactured?

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Is the Remington 870 being made again?

(Carbon County)

Good to know. They hold their value better than any other shotgun model. May be the last pump with a steel receiver.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    Good to know. They hold their value better than any other shotgun model. May be the last pump with a steel receiver.
    If only they put a good finish on them, properly deburred the receiver, and didn't let so many of them through with rough chambers that make extraction and ejection difficult. I've had a lot of different 870s over the years and all but one of them had some reliability issues. During that same period of time, I've still never had a malfunction in a Mossberg 500 or 590.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    If only they put a good finish on them, properly deburred the receiver, and didn't let so many of them through with rough chambers that make extraction and ejection difficult. I've had a lot of different 870s over the years and all but one of them had some reliability issues. During that same period of time, I've still never had a malfunction in a Mossberg 500 or 590.
    +1 Excellent point

(Carbon County)

And yet they are the most sought after used shotgun. Many an 870 barrel (Used) sells for more than a complete new Mossberg 500. I have Mossberg shotguns going back to their bolt actions. Nothing wrong with them, but they were made cheap.

I have a 20 gauge Wingmaster that has a better high gloss blue job and nicer wood than any Mossberg product ever made. Lets's not go down this road. The 870 Express was made solely to satisfy a request of WalMart. We want X amount of units for a total price of XXXX. To fulfill the order.... Shit wood, shit finish, shit MIM extractor, shit plastic trigger group. Thank WalMart. I received this information directly from an ex Big Green employee at an armorer's course. The NEW 870 Fieldmaster looks better than the Express, but still not as nice as the Wingmasters.

(Chester County)

In the last years leading up to Bankruptcy the higher quality 870's were the Police models that got the non mim extractors, metal trigger group and other upgrades with much better attention to details. It will take a while until quality is brought back up to speed once they move out the anti gun New York location and begin full production under the new Remington auspices. Unions need to be abandoned for quality workmanship to return to Remington. Remember the unions that worked at Remington were Andrew Cuomo supporters.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I have a 20 gauge Wingmaster that has a better high gloss blue job and nicer wood than any Mossberg product ever made. Lets's not go down this road. The 870 Express was made solely to satisfy a request of WalMart. We want X amount of units for a total price of XXXX. To fulfill the order.... Shit wood, shit finish, shit MIM extractor, shit plastic trigger group. Thank WalMart. I received this information directly from an ex Big Green employee at an armorer's course. The NEW 870 Fieldmaster looks better than the Express, but still not as nice as the Wingmasters.
    This is true. Years ago I had a lot of repair business with this one FFL Dealer. When the Ruger 10/22 was really hot, he decided to get a couple to fill the racks. KMART had them really cheap so he called the Ruger dealer. He was told that the KMART models were "Factory seconds" for KMART only. Nothing wrong with the function, but blemish guns.

Here is an ad from Midway USA for a Fieldmaster

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024424485?pid=528622

And a quick Youtube review

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast