Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Training with co2 pistol??

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick417 View Post
    That is a great picture! I had not looked closely until I began this "thread". I will certainly look more as the weather improves. Can you tell me ... compare the discharge sound from what you are shooting to the discharge sound of a .22 LR?
    It's a lot quieter than a .22. It's also quieter than the Crossman 760 air rifle. The biggest problem I have is with it is that once you puncture the Co2 cartridge you need to use it all up or you have to take it out when you're done shooting. You can't leave the cartridge in the gun with pressure on it. That's why I had to replace o-rings. I left a charged cartridge in it and it blew out a couple of o-rings. I haven't any trouble with it since and I buy the cartridges by dozen and bb's by the thousand.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Chester County)

Talk about realistic. Looks like my real MK25

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-Pis...19&sr=8-3&th=1

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Of course shooting a pellet pistol isn't going to be exactly the same as shooting a "real" pistol due to a lack of recoil, but the fundamentals of marksmanship are the same whether you are shooting a 1911 or a rubber band toy. Grip, stance, sight alignment, trigger control, follow through etc...Train away.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Of course shooting a pellet pistol isn't going to be exactly the same as shooting a "real" pistol due to a lack of recoil, but the fundamentals of marksmanship are the same whether you are shooting a 1911 or a rubber band toy. Grip, stance, sight alignment, trigger control, follow through etc...Train away.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate the significance of the difference in recoil. Very likely a significant difference in trigger feel as well. None-the-less, hand-eye coordination will benefit as well as, perhaps, reinforcing "muscle memory"; stance, clearing the holster, raising the piece to eye level ... all good training.

Thank you for the beneficial post.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick417 View Post
    I asked about a suppression at my local gun store. Explanation I got was it costs a lot. It takes months. I do not have a .22 with a threaded barrel. He suggested low velocity .22 LR ammo which I tried. Still a bit louder than I am seeking.
    Otherwise, a good suggestion.
    A silencer is hard to beat. They work great on rifles, and can get very, very quiet. They are also tons of fun. That shop you talked to did not want your money and probably does not sell silencers. They are awesome!

As for airguns, it depends on the job. Sig makes a handful of airsoft guns that look and feel just like their more lethal cousins. They also sell a reflex optic for about 70 bucks to get cheap practice on an optic on a pistol. My shot timer can be adjusted to pick up my M18 airsoft gun and I can run drills on it for a fraction of the cost of money and time, as it can be done in my driveway. Additionally, if you need to kill things the PCP airguns today are quite remarkable. They can produce .45 ACP ballistics out of a package that can be mailed directly to your home!
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234