Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Blair County)

Default Re: IMI Galil - Israel's Rugged Rifle

the only gun i know w/ a beer opener on it

(Washington County)

Unfortunately the SAR typically lacks that feature, it*s common on the ARM model with the bipod. Definitely a neat bit of firearm trivia.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Torqued the new barrel with a good ugga dugga. Did a little dance because the headspace is good. Machined the extractor clearance cut in the chamber face. Inserted a magazine and realized I forgot to clean up the mag well after welding so did some grinding, filing, and sanding in there. Not many more steps to go…

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Drilled a 2mm gas port. Definitely could of gone smaller based on how it throws brass quite enthusiastically. Hillbilly Firearms actually told me to drill it slightly larger than 2mm.

I used a round hand file to give the handguard retainer a spot to reside, used some random garbage to press the front sight block on, then pinned it on the mill.

I finished the build and cold blued the receiver welds for now. I might try to laser the partially damaged original markings and I’m not sure how I actually want to finish it so this is how it stands for now. Passed function check! Added an new IDF sling from Zahal.

My two Israeli guns reunited.

(Tioga County)

Very impressive work. Glad to see someone develop these skills and abilities to do this stuff.

(Lancaster County)

Per JoshIronshaft :
    "Definitely could of gone smaller based on how it throws brass quite enthusiastically."

this is exactly why I regrettably traded my Galil, I am a rabid reloader and the Galil was destroying my precious brass. I tried new operating springs and heaver hammer springs , tried to fabricate brass deflectors with no luck. I really loved the rifle but in the end with the last (and kind of current) panic and shortages I decided to go all AR style to standardize magazine inventory. they are fine rifles

What kind of drill bits do you use?
    FJB

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Per JoshIronshaft :
    "Definitely could of gone smaller based on how it throws brass quite enthusiastically."

this is exactly why I regrettably traded my Galil, I am a rabid reloader and the Galil was destroying my precious brass. I tried new operating springs and heaver hammer springs , tried to fabricate brass deflectors with no luck. I really loved the rifle but in the end with the last (and kind of current) panic and shortages I decided to go all AR style to standardize magazine inventory. they are fine rifles
    The brass I shot today looked ok. I may get a K&S adjustable gas piston. A friend has one and said he adjusted it so his Galil ARM is recoiling just right. Not excessive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Very impressive work. Glad to see someone develop these skills and abilities to do this stuff.
    Thanks! I feel like I have a lot to learn still.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    What kind of drill bits do you use?
    Just high speed steel.

(Philadelphia County)

Good job!
    AR accessories - Barbie for men

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12