Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Reloading Components Scams

The Classifieds Scam thread got me thinking that we should post the websites of reloading components scams. I came across these while searching for powder. A RED flag is if they don’t take credit cards. These 2 sites use money transfer tools like Zelle, Paypal and crypto currency. They seem to have what no one else has, another flag.

https://theprimershouse.com/
    http://matrixstore.shop/

Let’s add to the list.

BTW Tony at TnT Reloading in Easton is hoping the powder situation might start easing in March or April. Fingers crossed.

Stuart

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Reloading Components Scams

thematrixstore says free and easy returns to their Return Center in the UK. ??? The other place has CCI SP primers for $61/1000, the best price I've seen lately and that they are in stock.
    NRA Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    thematrixstore says free and easy returns to their Return Center in the UK. ??? The other place has CCI SP primers for $61/1000, the best price I've seen lately and that they are in stock.
    So your told their possible scams and you go shopping?

Bitdefender pleads with me not to enter the site.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Bitdefender pleads with me not to enter the site.
    I didn't really plan for anyone to actually go to the sites. Just listed them so people know which ones to avoid. I'm sure that there are many more so feel free to post them here. Now back to looking for unobtanium.

Stuart

(Bucks County)

Am I missing something? Paypal is a credit card transaction, isn't it?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    not to be used for "GUN" stuff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Not necessarily. You can pay your paypal bill with a credit card or you can have it deducted directly from your bank account. And you can also leave money there from your sales to use to pay for your purchases. They are more like what I would call, an intermediary.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Two things:
    1. If a "supplier" won't take a major credit card, I walk! If they even mention Zelle/family & friends, that is a huge flag!!!
    2. For classified adds like the ones on our dear site and those like Rennug/Pennswood, I see a lot of "powder" and "primers" being offered and the offeror is stating they can ship the materials to you. First: both smokeless powder and primers are hazmat per DOT. (and ICAO/IMDG and by international maritime rules and regs). There is no shipping exemptions for small quantities of powder and primers. The shipper must be trained and they must be registered with the carrier and had shown proof of training to use their services for deliveries of hazardous materials. They need to use "spec" boxes and use the proper DOT label, orientation and inner packaging to ship to a customer. Period. Very few folks have this training and shipping as a Mom and Pop store or as a person selling for extra cash from home makes the costs of doing so very prohibitive. They may be throwing these materials in a plain jane box and shipping without declaring the presence of a hazmat contained. (this is also really really bad)!!! So if using a classified add to buy primers and or powder, if it isn't face to face to do the transaction, don't waste your time and money on a possible scammer.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    Two things:
    1. If a "supplier" won't take a major credit card, I walk! If they even mention Zelle/family & friends, that is a huge flag!!!
    2. For classified adds like the ones on our dear site and those like Rennug/Pennswood, I see a lot of "powder" and "primers" being offered and the offeror is stating they can ship the materials to you. First: both smokeless powder and primers are hazmat per DOT. (and ICAO/IMDG and by international maritime rules and regs). There is no shipping exemptions for small quantities of powder and primers. The shipper must be trained and they must be registered with the carrier and had shown proof of training to use their services for deliveries of hazardous materials. They need to use "spec" boxes and use the proper DOT label, orientation and inner packaging to ship to a customer. Period. Very few folks have this training and shipping as a Mom and Pop store or as a person selling for extra cash from home makes the costs of doing so very prohibitive. They may be throwing these materials in a plain jane box and shipping without declaring the presence of a hazmat contained. (this is also really really bad)!!! So if using a classified add to buy primers and or powder, if it isn't face to face to do the transaction, don't waste your time and money on a possible scammer.
    The funny thing is, all that supposed training, and the extra 20bucks, it all comes in the mail
    like a regular package. It gets thrown around the ups truck just like everything else.
    Its all about the money IMO. What will be next on the list?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast