Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Gun Show Feedback/Suggestions

Incidentally, the range day thing that you said couldn't work because insurance would cost too much...... that wasn't a wild idea I made up. It's something a gun store out in Texas actually used to do every month. (Got to go with my brother in law after his first purchase while I was in town. Thought it was the damn smartest business move I ever saw)

All new sales of certain items came with an invite to the monthly range day. They had donuts and coffee and free range time at their outdoor range (ammo not included, but plenty available to buy) and professionals there to assist people with their new purchases. Help them sight in, etc.

Of course they bring a slew of accessories out as well. Slings, optics, range bags, all that sort of thing. They have a whole trailer set up with that stuff and a cash register. Looked like they were cleaning up with the additional purchases made on range day.

I bet they sold a lot of range memberships that day too.

But you know....that kind of thing can't possibly be done......

(Bucks County)

I would like to know what shop you own.
    It would be interesting to see what experience poofa has had with it.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Incidentally, the range day thing that you said couldn't work because insurance would cost too much...... that wasn't a wild idea I made up. It's something a gun store out in Texas actually used to do every month. (Got to go with my brother in law after his first purchase while I was in town. Thought it was the damn smartest business move I ever saw)

All new sales of certain items came with an invite to the monthly range day. They had donuts and coffee and free range time at their outdoor range (ammo not included, but plenty available to buy) and professionals there to assist people with their new purchases. Help them sight in, etc.

Of course they bring a slew of accessories out as well. Slings, optics, range bags, all that sort of thing. They have a whole trailer set up with that stuff and a cash register. Looked like they were cleaning up with the additional purchases made on range day.

I never said it couldnt be done. I said the insurance would be insane. most shop owners dont want the outrageous liability insurance fees associated with live fire ranges. the ones that do are the ones who charge more than MSRP on items.

(York County)

I never said it couldnt be done. I said the insurance would be insane. most shop owners dont want the outrageous liability insurance fees associated with live fire ranges. the ones that do are the ones who charge more than MSRP on items.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    bd220c92c9666b8f73a4e470511fbba6.jpg
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    once again you reply with aggravation and call me the hot head. I get it you are tough. I get it you are cheap. you aren't a customer im looking for because im sure even retail prices offend you. im not impressed by your excessive spending on other items. not sure why you need to try and prove something. you got offended by being a cheap skate....we all get it. thanks for proving the point. no need to stop by my shop...I dont have anything you are looking for. im sure you have seen me at shows though...I was dealing with the buying public as you were walking by.
    You seem to be the only one who sees his replies the way you are describing them and you are getting more hostile with each response.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I would like to know what shop you own.
    It would be interesting to see what experience poofa has had with it.
    That is NOT going to happen.
    Just like people who get screwed over won't name shops.........

(Bucks County)

I'm just going to briefly chime in that I'm not sure I understand the "passive" vs "serious" buyer argument. If I'm a serious cash in hand buyer who HAS TO HAVE a certain gun, why in the world would I go to a gun show where I might not even find what I'm looking for? I can just buy it online if I'm willing to pay MSRP or more or Top dollar GunBroker price. If I'm going to a gun show it's because I don't know what I'm looking for and I hope something will jump out at me, and if it does, hopefully it's competitively priced, otherwise we are back at square one.

Quote Originally Posted by karquis View Post
    I'm just going to briefly chime in that I'm not sure I understand the "passive" vs "serious" buyer argument. If I'm a serious cash in hand buyer who HAS TO HAVE a certain gun, why in the world would I go to a gun show where I might not even find what I'm looking for? I can just buy it online if I'm willing to pay MSRP or more or Top dollar GunBroker price. If I'm going to a gun show it's because I don't know what I'm looking for and I hope something will jump out at me, and if it does, hopefully it's competitively priced, otherwise we are back at square one.
    Nicely stated

(Lycoming County)

Just to be fair, he's correct about the insurance aspect. When I was trying to first setup the group shoots in central PA, most ranges I could rent required at least a million dollar liability policy a you had to supply your own range officers. That's pretty cost prohibitive when you look into it. Sounds like that shop owned their own range, which makes it much easier. There's a shop/indoor range here that has demo days and such. Only one I know of around and only possible because it's their facility and is already staffed.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast