Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun Show Feedback/Suggestions

If you isn't black, it ain't friskin...so, there's that....
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I haven't attended a gun show for quite a few years... The last one left a bad taste in my mouth...

I never bought a gun at a gun show. Other things, but not a gun.

What I have bought are not the most popular models.
    I bought from PAFOA, a LGS, a flea market FFL, Gunbroker ...

When I did attend a gun show, it was for 'something to do' with my brother or just to see what was being bought/sold. I guess the promotor got the profits that day.

The last show I attended was at the Farm Show Complex - AFTER paying your admission, their security force FRISKED every attendee - I almost left instead, but had a few choice words about Communist Policies and spent the whole time fuming over the violation...!!!

Is frisking still being done?

How long ago was that? I've gone to the various Harrisburg shows for years and never heard of anyone being frisked.

(Blair County)

maybe a 5$ coupon on 1st buy inside

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    How long ago was that? I've gone to the various Harrisburg shows for years and never heard of anyone being frisked.
    agree . i have 20 or so years and they merely ask if you are carrying . 3-4 prints showing in line and they never approach any of them . that being said , the only time i got the full monte from the leo's ? was over a midnight trip to sheetz for death dogs ! no tail lights on the truck triggered the stop , of which i had no id on me and we couldnt find the paperwork for the truck ! i still laugh about it .

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I haven't attended a gun show for quite a few years... The last one left a bad taste in my mouth...

I never bought a gun at a gun show. Other things, but not a gun.

What I have bought are not the most popular models.
    I bought from PAFOA, a LGS, a flea market FFL, Gunbroker ...

When I did attend a gun show, it was for 'something to do' with my brother or just to see what was being bought/sold. I guess the promotor got the profits that day.

The last show I attended was at the Farm Show Complex - AFTER paying your admission, their security force FRISKED every attendee - I almost left instead, but had a few choice words about Communist Policies and spent the whole time fuming over the violation...!!!

Is frisking still being done?

I believe you , they were confiscating pocket knives as well at this same venue . I posted about it in a thread a while back and was basically called a liar by some here . So get ready to take some heat

(Elk County)

Actually, the security guards did frisking of show attendants at one show in the new hall several years ago, could be 10 or more now, and only for a hour or two at most on Sat AM before being stopped. The line was backed up outside farther than normally. Attendants with knives or CC handguns were told to take them back to their vehicles. But this was halted by 10:30 or 11:00.

I can't recall if it was a C&E show, or if Nick the Prick still ran it; it was about the time of the switchover. But IIRC it was a miscommunication between the FSC mgmt and the security guards. Whoever the promoter was, he didn't have a dog in the fight, but got involved after hearing complaints from attendants who got in, and had the FSC mgmt put a stop to it.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Actually, the security guards did frisking of show attendants at one show in the new hall several years ago, could be 10 or more now, and only for a hour or two at most on Sat AM before being stopped. The line was backed up outside farther than normally. Attendants with knives or CC handguns were told to take them back to their vehicles. But this was halted by 10:30 or 11:00.

I can't recall if it was a C&E show, or if Nick the Prick still ran it; it was about the time of the switchover. But IIRC it was a miscommunication between the FSC mgmt and the security guards. Whoever the promoter was, he didn't have a dog in the fight, but got involved after hearing complaints from attendants who got in, and had the FSC mgmt put a stop to it.

Noah
    Nick The Prick

Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415