Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default San Jose Requires Liability Insurance for Gun Owners

makes me wonder how they are going to enforce this on criminals
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sa...nce/ar-AAT9rxm

San Jose in California has backed legislation to become the first U.S. city requiring gun owners to have insurance coverage for their weapons.

San Jose's mayor said after the city council voted for the legislation on Tuesday that the funds raised from an annual fee and the liability insurance would go towards "evidence-based initiatives to reduce gun violence and gun harm."

"Thank you to my council colleagues who continue to show their commitment to reducing gun violence and its devastation in our community," Mayor Sam Liccardo said in a statement.

The decision still needs to be approved next month at its final reading to take effect in August, U.S. media said https://cnn.it/3u2ik18.

Guns are a politically sensitive issue in the United States, which has the highest rate of gun ownership of any country, as well as a higher incidence of gun violence than other wealthy nations.

California became the first state to ban assault weapons in 1989 after a school shooting in which five children were killed. Six other states and the District of Columbia have an assault weapons ban in place, according to the gun safety group Giffords.

Default Re: San Jose Requires Liability Insurance for Gun Owners

Try to enforce it on anyone for that matter.

(Berks County)

they know they are going to be sued but they dont care about wasting tax payers money. it just reminds me of the seattle tax and the failure that is

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Try to enforce it on anyone for that matter.
    AS with most feel-good-do-nothing laws, it's just another leftist tool to pile on to law-abiding citizens when they are
    caught off-guard (transport, range, etc.) or have to use their firearm for self-defense and need punished by the woke.
    SigGendered

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    AS with most feel-good-do-nothing laws, it's just another leftist tool to pile on to law-abiding citizens when they are
    caught off-guard (transport, range, etc.) or have to use their firearm for self-defense and need punished by the woke.
    This reminds me of that state rep that got carjacked in philly. These laws are for the honest working man.
    Not criminals.
    I like karma, especially hers.

(Berks County)

the mayor at least admits this will do nothing for crime but is a cash grab

"The measure didn*t address the massive problem of illegally obtained weapons that are stolen or purchased without background checks.

Liccardo acknowledged those concerns.

*This won*t stop mass shootings and keep bad people from committing violent crime,* the mayor said, but added most gun deaths nationally are from suicide, accidental shootings or other causes and even many homicides stem from domestic violence.

Liccardo also said gun violence costs San Jose taxpayers $40 million a year in emergency response services."

https://apnews.com/article/business-...0c3e3661805a4a