Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What an outrage

Default What an outrage

I was going to buy LC 223/5.56 brass and found some in my Cheaper then Dirt catalog for 81.25 for 500 Got this catalog friday .So i desided to go on line to order 1000 . As I was was ready to check out shocked at the price !!!
    81.25 for 500 on line it was 149.95 for 500 WTF !!!! I called them do to the increase in demend and a shortage of 223 brass ( didnt Think it was that bad ) the price gone up !! What a bunch of BS . Almost doubled in days ?
    If any one know where i can get new LC 223/5.56 Please let me Know PLease ? I am taking (Cheaper then dirt ) out of my favorites and throwing away the catalogs
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Bucks County)

Default Re: What an outrage

Quote Originally Posted by G10mm View Post
    I was going to buy LC 223/5.56 brass and found some in my Cheaper then Dirt catalog for 81.25 for 500 Got this catalog friday .So i desided to go on line to order 1000 . As I was was ready to check out shocked at the price !!!
    81.25 for 500 on line it was 149.95 for 500 WTF !!!! I called them do to the increase in demend and a shortage of 223 brass ( didnt Think it was that bad ) the price gone up !! What a bunch of BS . Almost doubled in days ?
    If any one know where i can get new LC 223/5.56 Please let me Know PLease ? I am taking (Cheaper then dirt ) out of my favorites and throwing away the catalogs
    I'd save them for bullet penetration testing.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Westmoreland County)

Huge controversy at arfcom about CTD price gouging. Everyone is ticked off at them big time.

(Chester County)

I posted a thread about people price gouging...you guys should search for it. Came from ARFCOM and had a list of those retailers who were alright and those who were jacking up their prices. CTD was one of the worst offenders.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Let's just be accurate. This isn't exactley price gauging. This is reacting to panic among consumers. They see us panicing and buying more ammo and such so the demand is increasing. The supply is static at this point so they are adjusting their prices. Does it suck? Hell yeah, but that doesn't make them evil and horrible. Just shop around a bit more. You may find that they are still reasonable compared to competitors.

(Pike County)

Yeah same shit for me. They had glock 19 mags for 19.95. I call them to buy them, they told me they went up to 24.99. I said that they have to give me the price listed. They said the supplier cost went up and in the magazine there is a disclaimer that "prices may change without notice." Needless to say I had to eat a slice of the old dick pie and pay the higher price.

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: What an outrage

For those of you who weren't around the LAST time the nation (not ME - then OR now!) elected an IDIOT to the White House, this LIKEWISE happened, although not to the scale you're seeing today.

If you're 33 or younger TODAY, than you were too young to vote - and consequently, too young to LEGALLY purchase firearms - in 1992. Add you - who grew up UNDER AWB I, to all us who lived BEFORE then, and what you're seeing, is a MASSIVE CRUSH on the market, prior to IDIOT 2.0 taking office, and AWB 2.0 being rammed down (or up! ) the sheeple's collective!

Is it price-gouging, or a reflection of what the market will bear? That's hard to say - SOMEBODY'S buying the stuff apparently. Besides, under IDIOT 2.0, CTD will be out of business most likely, sometime shortly after mid-January, so I can't blame them for following the maxim, "You GOTTA make hay, while the sun shines."

It's not like we DIDN'T know this was coming - the Republicrats, having FORGOTTEN they were once the party of Reagan, Goldwater, and THEODORE Roosevelt - ran a campaign that couldn't have carried a local hi skrool's homecoming king & queen vote; anybody who didn't have that figured out, from the MOMENT MCCAN'T was the nominee, must've been part of the wishful thinking crowd that still actively trades stocks or some such. I started stockpiling 2 years ago, and have been hitting it REALLY hard since MARCH.

Could I use some more mags, ammo, gear and guns? SURE - couldn't we ALL?!?! But if the flag goes up tomorrow, I'm good to go - a NICE position to be in. SIX MONTHS after the flag goes up? Maybe. FIVE YEARS after? Maybe not... Then again, anyone who THINKS they're good to go for five years, DOESN'T live in PA - they're out in the inter-mountain west somewhere. Between the roving hordes of zombies, societal breakdown, and general pollution here in the east, NOWHERE in PA, will be the "place to be," 5 years after the flag goes up. CTD - and probably lots of other folks' pricing - is merely reflecting the incredible panic buying that has set in, by people who have waited to the last minute to prepare. Not that I don't feel empathy for them, but it's not unlike the morons who try to ride out hurricanes, and then decide - once their house is coming apart - to call 911. Day late, dollar short...

Do save the catalogues though - I saved all MINE from the late 80's/early 90's, when I started shooting/buying firearms - so I could show my kids, what used to be available in the land of FREE, and the home of BRAVE, once upon a time...

Bob

(Allegheny County)

natchez (www.natchezss.com) has not, or at least had not as of friday, jacked up any of their ammo prices.

i'd suggest checking out their website.

imho, anyone who buys anything at CTD with their inflated prices when they can still get normal prices elsewhere is getting what they deserve. so i can't say CTD is doing anything unethical...though, assuming people act rationally, i will say CTD is making a bad business decision.

on the other hand, an amazingly large portion of the american consumer base are too lazy to look out for their own good, so, maybe CTD isn't making such a bad decision...

(Lehigh County)

AR15.com has a good list going on their General Discussion Board of people raising prices and those who are keeping prices stable.

(Chester County)

You should go to a local rifle range and scrounge it. I was at the club the other day and saw a couple boxes worth just lying on the ground. You could tell it had just been dropped there. If I loaded .223 thats the first place I'd look......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast