Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Carrying handgun to Florida on motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    If you end up going up the east coast through Georgia check out Savannah. We stopped there and it's a pretty cool spot to sight see and explore. It'll put you right below SC though, so you'd have to figure out how to drive through that or detour around into NC and almost make a route like a C from there.

Not sure if you went on your trip yet but you might want to reconsider driving through Alabama. We drove through it on our way to the Pan Handle and it was both a boring state to drive through with not much to see. A lot of it reminded me of what a post apocalyptic America would look like, it was super odd driving through a rural ghetto then 5 miles away seeing nice houses etc but literally no commercial districts. Seemed to be tons of abandoned houses as well down through the state.
    It depends on where you go in Alabama. It's a big state. I went there to Huntsville, working for IBM years ago, and thought it was just an awful looking state while driving around in my off time. But I went back several times, years later to play golf, once with my son, and found there were some really nice areas in Alabama. Some really beautiful golf courses, in a system called the Robert Trent Jones
    Trail, built by the Alabama Teachers Pension fund. There's miles of white sand beaches on the Gulf. Good food too.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Thank you guys greatly!

This is very reassuring, I was expecting much more difficulty or non-res licenses.

Thanks again for the links! Rep incoming!
    Forums support here is top notch

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    ..... But I went back several times, years later to play golf, once with my son, and found there were some really nice areas in Alabama. Some really beautiful golf courses, in a system called the Robert Trent Jones
    Trail, built by the Alabama Teachers Pension fund. There's miles of white sand beaches on the Gulf. Good food too.
    Side note: my uncle, Roger Rulewich, actually built the Robert Trent Jones Trail. He was Mr. Jones's senior golf course architect, and worked for him for at least 3 decades that I can remember. Here's an interesting snippet about the man:

https://www.golfcourseranking.com/ar...-rulewich/638/

He's still alive and in his 80's, but in his day, he was a ridiculously talented golfer (4 handicap), standing about 6'4", and smoked a pipe. Just an all around cool uncle!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    How do you ride that long without your ass getting sore?
    I stand up on the pegs about once per hour for a couple minutes to keep the blood flowing. Works great for really long days on the road.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    How do you ride that long without your ass getting sore?
    I went 1100 miles one day on a 250cc scooter. All you have to do is get off every hour for five minutes.

(York County)

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I would ask this group of seasoned riders a question:

I*ve got a wedding to attend in Montana in 3 weeks. Mrs.O is staying home, and flying is not only miserable, but expensive, so I*m considering a motorcycle trip. I*ve got a reliable sport touring bike, but it*s not something I want to spend 10 hours a day on, so I*m considering purchasing a used Goldwing. I would ride out and back, and sell the bike upon return, but for those of you that have travelled hours a day in the saddle, is there a maximum you do (10)? Further, does anyone have a preferred route out west (a fairly direct route)?

TYIA*

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I would ask this group of seasoned riders a question:

I*ve got a wedding to attend in Montana in 3 weeks. Mrs.O is staying home, and flying is not only miserable, but expensive, so I*m considering a motorcycle trip. I*ve got a reliable sport touring bike, but it*s not something I want to spend 10 hours a day on, so I*m considering purchasing a used Goldwing. I would ride out and back, and sell the bike upon return, but for those of you that have travelled hours a day in the saddle, is there a maximum you do (10)? Further, does anyone have a preferred route out west (a fairly direct route)?

TYIA*
    Can't help with the route but I might be able to help you find a new forever home for the Goldwing when you get back.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Berks County)

TYIA*
    I ride alone, yeah With nobody else I ride alone, yeah With nobody else Yeah, you know when I ride alone I prefer to be by myself

Ten different people would take ten different routes and feel like their way was the best. Therefore, the best way is to go out I-70 to Indy then go northwest. On a MC, tolls wouldn't be as bad as they are in a car but going out the TPK and up to I-80, like most would go, is all toll roads. My route is only toll to New Stanton. I prefer non-toll road scenery and accessibility to amenities but YMMV. You can easily avoid Chiraq and enjoy a nice ride all throughout out there. Once you get to Indy then north towards Chiraq though, my experience is nil. If you've never been on midwestern secondary highways, you might enjoy the ride through corn country and the small towns you'll find along the way; I do. They are as straight as the maps depict them to be.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Can't help with the route but I might be able to help you find a new forever home for the Goldwing when you get back.
    You good with burnt orange and 35,000 miles?

638C6EB5-A195-484E-9A96-3E43C9542890.jpg

(Berks County)

You good with burnt orange and 35,000 miles?

638C6EB5-A195-484E-9A96-3E43C9542890.jpg
    If it's 35,000 now, it won't be that when you get back.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast