Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: NY preemptively changing gun laws ahead of SC ruling

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    Wow. I don't pass through Florida much, so TBH I had no idea it was that bad. And to think, Florida used to be a Southern state!

Funny how some states' reputation on gun rights is very different from the actual laws in place. Texas, for example, has a reputation as being a "gun state", but it's really not, at all. Pennsylvania, Ohio, and some of the New England states have the best gun laws this side of the Rockies, yet you never hear any references to that in popular culture.
    FL is a southern state.... ...where do you think all this anti-gun crap started at?

It was slaver and Jim Crow laws that started all this nonsense, it then followed the Democrats to pockets of the north and took roots there.

Hunting guns out in the rural areas in the hands of whites weren't ever really an issue down south. But carrying handguns(openly or conceal) was a no-no for everyone since they couldn't confine that law only against former slaves/free blacks after the 14A was enacted. It took over 100 years to get some sort of carrying in most southern states.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NY preemptively changing gun laws ahead of SC ruling

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    FL is a southern state.... ...where do you think all this anti-gun crap started at?

It was slaver and Jim Crow laws that started all this nonsense, it then followed the Democrats to pockets of the north and took roots there.

Hunting guns out in the rural areas in the hands of whites weren't ever really an issue down south. But carrying handguns(openly or conceal) was a no-no for everyone since they couldn't confine that law only against former slaves/free blacks after the 14A was enacted. It took over 100 years to get some sort of carrying in most southern states.
    I'm fairly aware of gun control's racist roots, but I can't believe that's never really "clicked" with me before. It makes total sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12