Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shot show 2022

(Westmoreland County)

Default shot show 2022

For decades firearms manufacturers were one of the most conservative (resisting trends and change) and least innovative industries in America and it was extremely frustrating. In the aftermath of the GWOT, it seems the floodgates have broken and there is a tsunami of garbage firearms and accessories coming out every shot show. It’s like they all got together and bet who could foist the most ridiculous firearms and gadgets upon the American consumer. And the shame of it all is that many consumers are stupid enough to fall for them.

Have you seen the Glock “binary trigger” system? Gee, what could possibly go wrong? And I thought the triple barrel shotgun and the .45-70 derringer were jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1YyYwIfH_g

Default Re: shot show 2022

Generally I agree. Glocks are also garbage. BUT NOT ALL IS LOST!

Some interesting news popped up today in Palmetto State Armory*s Facebook Dagger group. A picture of a largish optics-mounted pistol with a threaded barrel. Some of the info in the accompanying thread from PSA gives us some tidbits on the gun:

Optics and non-optics versions will be available.
    It uses a different trigger than the 9mm Daggers
    It has a healthy 23 round magazine that fits flush in the grip
    It comes with a threaded barrel
    Pricing at $499.99 for no optics mount, and $549.99 with optics mount.
    Guns may be shipping in 45 days.
    PSA will be producing 5.7x28mm ammo this summer.
    This is all early *leaked* information, so keep that in mind. We should hear more about it as the SHOT Show progresses this week.
    https://www.mytacticaledc.com/index....dagger-pistol/

(Monroe County)

I really need to go one of these years.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Washington County)

I enjoy seeing the weird new stuff. Innovation is cool. 99% are useless to me. But hey, people trying stuff is human nature.

The glock binary trigger is so dumb, BUT I like that someone did it. I*d like to take one apart. I don*t want one.

I*m sure it will be fine like all the other binary triggers out there.

The round counter magazine is interesting. I dont need that but a mag that tells me it has 3 or 1 round left with a tiny light may be worthwhile for competition. That mag counter idea has been around for years but the hardware to support it wasnt possible. So its cool to see that coming to life and probably to market.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

This looks good. Mantis Blackbeard Trigger System for the AR-15. It's an electromechanical system that automatically fires a laser and resets the trigger for dry fire practice. It replaces the BCG and magazine. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ge...is-blackbeard/

(Cumberland County)

There's a lot of cool stuff that comes out. Also a lot of worthless junk but that's true in all areas of life and some of the worthless junk leads to innovation.

(Northampton County)

I went to shot show in 2018 , was great experience that I will do again, lots of new guns and products this year, should be a good year to experiment with some new toys.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

How about this.

Heritage tactical cowboy.jpg

The Heritage Tactical Cowboy https://heritagemfg.com/small-bore/6...actical-cowboy

For making tin cans dance in the backyard, pinging steel, or controlling pests and varmints around the farm, nothing beats the low-cost, high-adrenaline thrill of a single-action rimfire revolver. The Heritage™ Rough Rider® handguns are built with numerous grip options and feature the same classic profile and precision.
    Chambered in 22 LR, is also compatible with the 22WMR cylinder allowing you to shoot either 22 LR or 22 WMR ammo. The new Heritage Rough Rider Tactical Cowboy features modern day technology into an old clasic world. The barrel is threaded for accessories like compensators and supressors. The picatinny rail allows the user to add different optics if desired, but also works as a rear open sight to be used with the bright front fiber optic sight.

If I didn't have 2 Rough Ryders in the house, I might get one, just because

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    In the aftermath of the GWOT, it seems the floodgates have broken and there is a tsunami of garbage firearms and accessories coming out every shot show. It*s like they all got together and bet who could foist the most ridiculous firearms and gadgets upon the American consumer. And the shame of it all is that many consumers are stupid enough to fall for them . . .

Like the USFA ZIP for example?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Philadelphia County)

I am curious to see if there'll be a mass extinction of RSO's due to the heart attacks from the Glock binary triggers lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast