Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Tanker-style shoulder holster for J-frame

Hey, y'all!

I'm seeking a WWII tanker style shoulder holster for a J-frame sized revolver. I can find the M7s for .45s and M3s for K-frame Victory models, but nothing for a J-frame.

Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Tanker-style shoulder holster for J-frame

Sandcut,
    this is what you seek :
    https://westernimagesleather.com/sho...mans-chest-rig

I have one for my 4" 657 Mountain gun absolutely love it. What is best is when I also have my Henry big boy .41 Magnum, the revolver does not get in the rifles way when wearing a belt holster on your right side

will soon add one for my J frame after I get a 357 lever gun

(Bucks County)

Check El Paso Saddlery. They make a close copy of the old military tanker holster for various guns. Don't know if they make it for something as small as a j frame.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Berks County)

The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Sandcut,
    this is what you seek :
    https://westernimagesleather.com/sho...mans-chest-rig

I have one for my 4" 657 Mountain gun absolutely love it. What is best is when I also have my Henry big boy .41 Magnum, the revolver does not get in the rifles way when wearing a belt holster on your right side

will soon add one for my J frame after I get a 357 lever gun
    I bought one of those dyed in black. Whatever they use on their leather for dye or treatments is the the worst smelling leather I've ever smelled. I had to leave it out in my garage for about a month after washing the damn thing in laundry detergent. It finally relented after two months of hanging in my basement. So after three months of washing it and hanging it to dry, then using leather conditioner a few times it was ready to use. Total crap. I wrote to them and they told me "too bad" live with it. Bad customer service and really horrible leather, Not cheap either. Stay a thousand miles from that crap. There's Alien Gear, Falco Holsters, Diamond D holsters, Galco, Kenai

The Falco looks pretty good. Same price as the smelly ass one. Diamond D is probably the best quality.

https://www.falcoholsters.com/forest...r?variant=1118

EDIT: I can't tell you enough how bad that leather smelled and how pissed off I was about it. I came to find out that some leathers are tanned with animal brains and that it's not too popular these days but every leather holster or leather sling I've ever owned or handled had that traditional leather smell to it from chemical tanning. That Western Image holster was no where near close to a traditional leather smell and was quite sickening and they wouldn't refund my money or return it so I solved the problem myself with extreme measures, imagine that.
    Last edited by JenniferG; January 20th, 2022 at 12:01 AM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

I bought a Diamond D Denali chest holster for my revolver. It's an older model 65 Taurus from about 1989/90. The holster is very well made in the 10 something Cordura nylon and there's plenty of extree nylon strapage material for more robust personages. Since mine was for a revolver it has cartridge loops on the main strap. Pretty cool. It cost about $109 delivered and took only a few days. I bought it to use when I go trout fishin' out in the middle of somewhere and I can carry it while huntin' too where it's up off my waist which is a thing when you're out tromping through brush bird hunting.

The thing I like about it the most is it's high quality nylon cordura done nicely. I've moved away from leather holsters, when they get wet and dry they shrink or get hard and aren't the best for outdoor activities in the weather. I have leather rifle slings and I treat them with sno seal waterproofing and that helps but it makes a leather holster too soft. For outdoor holsters quality cordura or kydex is the way to go.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC