Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting land

(Pike County)

Default Shooting land

Not sure if this is the correct place to start this thread

Looking for land someone has that I can pay to set up some targets and shoot on throughout the year. Have no problem staying away through hunting season or any other time you'd want the land. Not really picky on type of land just would like to be within 2 hours of NEPA (pike county). Willing to pay as well as set up any needed backstops and other safety measures.

If you or anyone you know has anything that might work please let me know. Thanks

Default Re: Shooting land

State Game lands near lake Wallenpaupack is a place to start. You will have to pay a fee or have a hunting license. I think the price is same. Just don't go before hunting season. All the yahoos come out of the woodwork and then stupid shit happens. Just an FYI, state game lands have some very strict rules and, they enforce them with fines. If you are right in the Greentown area, it's very close.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    State Game lands near lake Wallenpaupack is a place to start. You will have to pay a fee or have a hunting license. I think the price is same. Just don't go before hunting season. All the yahoos come out of the woodwork and then stupid shit happens. Just an FYI, state game lands have some very strict rules and, they enforce them with fines. If you are right in the Greentown area, it's very close.

I have my hunting license already and regularly go to the sgl ranges. I was looking more to possibly rent a place that I would be able to shoot steel and load more than 6 rounds in the magazine 😅. I'm willing to pay hunters who own land that don't use throughout the year

(Lackawanna County)

Find a private club

(Washington County)

Yup, join a club. Most people dont let strangers shoot recreationally on their property due to the lawsuit happy world we live in.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Birch570 see if this is within your 2 hour window. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3-RSSUYBK1kZzI
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Find a private club
    I have recent experience with this.

I just joined a club with extremely reasonable rates. They ask for some volunteer work as well (from helping to take care of the club grounds to conservation work, all things that are reasonable and that I'm into anyway)

It's a different work for me coming from pay per use public indoor ranges. Yesterday I rolled up there are lunch time for take in a quick 20 rounds and came home. It was fantastic.

No one was there because it's a weekday. I go into and set my stuff up alone and do my thing.

It's a well taken care of place that has some facilities (covered ranges, effective backstops, etc etc) So I don't have to set anything up. I just show up and use it and help take care of it as needed.

It's really the way to go.

All the fun. 1% of the maintenance work that you'd have to do on your own private range.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Find a private club
    They are 2.5 hours from me. Looks good though

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I have recent experience with this.

I just joined a club with extremely reasonable rates. They ask for some volunteer work as well (from helping to take care of the club grounds to conservation work, all things that are reasonable and that I'm into anyway)

It's a different work for me coming from pay per use public indoor ranges. Yesterday I rolled up there are lunch time for take in a quick 20 rounds and came home. It was fantastic.

No one was there because it's a weekday. I go into and set my stuff up alone and do my thing.

It's a well taken care of place that has some facilities (covered ranges, effective backstops, etc etc) So I don't have to set anything up. I just show up and use it and help take care of it as needed.

It's really the way to go.

All the fun. 1% of the maintenance work that you'd have to do on your own private range.
    Which club did you join? Were there any waiting times?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Birch570 View Post
    Which club did you join? Were there any waiting times?
    Isaak Walton League of York

Nowhere near you. But there has to be something similar up your way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast