Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: PSA Dagger 57 Pistol

Since all the 5X7 guys seem to be in her I'll post up this new ammo I found. It is called Vanguard Black Fang Obsidian Dragon. IMO extremely expensive. 25 per box. Thats enough to fill one FN mag.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fyFRY0dq3aeZbX
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Since all the 5X7 guys seem to be in her I'll post up this new ammo I found. It is called Vanguard Black Fang Obsidian Dragon. IMO extremely expensive. 25 per box. Thats enough to fill one FN mag.

Here's a test of what I think is the same stuff

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Those two are also large, direct blowback, and hammer fired, which is exactly the features I was talking about. I would also say they're both worse designs than the FN/Ruger/PSA
    I love my MPA 57sst pistol. It's heavy for sure, but it's very accurate and it's been 100% reliable. And at the time when I bought it 10 years ago, it was 1/3 of the price of the FN FiveseveN and took the same mags.

Current price is $47.75 for 25 rounds. It's definitely good stuff, but almost impossible to get these days. I started with five boxes, I ran one through my PS90 to test function and accuracy, and then I filled two mags as extra "oh shit" supply. My primary HD round is the Elite Ammunition T6B, which the Black Fang is a direct ripoff of. But EA's ammo is a lot more expensive these days and just as impossible to get. I just happen to have an old supply that I got in quantity many years ago at a much lower price. I was able to do more extensive testing with the T6B, so I trust it more. I plan to get more VO Black Fang when it becomes available again.

Interestingly, VO is making their own 5.7x28mm brass. This is significant because up until now, only FN made brass. With VO and PSA offering their own brass, this could mean new ammo offerings from other manufacturers down the road. Hopefully that means both better supply and lower prices overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Current price is $47.75 for 25 rounds. It's definitely good stuff, but almost impossible to get these days. I started with five boxes, I ran one through my PS90 to test function and accuracy, and then I filled two mags as extra "oh shit" supply. My primary HD round is the Elite Ammunition T6B, which the Black Fang is a direct ripoff of. But EA's ammo is a lot more expensive these days and just as impossible to get. I just happen to have an old supply that I got in quantity many years ago at a much lower price. I was able to do more extensive testing with the T6B, so I trust it more. I plan to get more VO Black Fang when it becomes available again.

Interestingly, VO is making their own 5.7x28mm brass. This is significant because up until now, only FN made brass. With VO and PSA offering their own brass, this could mean new ammo offerings from other manufacturers down the road. Hopefully that means both better supply and lower prices overall.

It would be cool if there were more options. At those prices and of course, unavailability it's not practical to buy them. Rounds like that will probably go up in price. All I have is the lead free green tip and the blue top ammo. Both, FN manufactured. It appears the black fang stuff really over penetrates. I was always under the impression that the 5.7 was designed not to over penetrate. I want my bullets to not over penetrate. Thats why I carry the rounds I do. Not just 5x7 but 9mm and .380. IMO shot placement is always key, as well as keeping the round in the intended target.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I daily carry the ruger 57 and love the 5.7 round. I have EA S4 in my ruger, but lots of range ammo to practice with. I can't wait to get my hands on PSA's 5.7 gun.

Also your green and blue tip are not FN manufactured. Fiocchi makes all the US FN ammo, as well as the american eagle 5.7 ammo. In the same plant.

It would be cool if there were more options. At those prices and of course, unavailability it's not practical to buy them. Rounds like that will probably go up in price. All I have is the lead free green tip and the blue top ammo. Both, FN manufactured. It appears the black fang stuff really over penetrates. I was always under the impression that the 5.7 was designed not to over penetrate. I want my bullets to not over penetrate. Thats why I carry the rounds I do. Not just 5x7 but 9mm and .380. IMO shot placement is always key, as well as keeping the round in the intended target.
    It may go through a person, but it probably won't keep going through the wall into my neighbor's house. I also have SS198 for my Ruger 57 and in a couple of PS90 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I daily carry the ruger 57 and love the 5.7 round. I have EA S4 in my ruger, but lots of range ammo to practice with. I can't wait to get my hands on PSA's 5.7 gun.

Also your green and blue tip are not FN manufactured. Fiocchi makes all the US FN ammo, as well as the american eagle 5.7 ammo. In the same plant.

Oh cool, you have a starter pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Oh cool, you have a starter pack.
    More like a retirement plan at today's prices!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123