Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default M&P .40 vs XDM .40 vs SIG 250 .40

I have about 600.00 to spend on a handgun. I have been trying to figure out what gun to get. I am looking to have the gun mainly for home and target shooting. I will do a little bit of carrying. I feel like I am going out of my mind trying to figure out what to get. I would also like to know what place you recomend to get the best deal on one of these. Looking to make the decision this week.

Default Re: M&P .40 vs XDM .40 vs SIG 250 .40

If you can, try and get your hands on all the different models you are thinking about. Rent them if you can afford it with your budget just to see if you prefer one over the other. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with these guns to help out other than that! Good luck!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Delaware County)

I have all three, well sort of.
    I have a full size M&P in 45, a XD 9 service, XDM .40, and a P250 9mm

I suggest if just general range time and some carry your best choice is the M&P.

The P250 is a gimick, one gun I wish I did not purchase. The gimick is is for all these interchangable parts, slides, frames of yet none exist. You pay for the marketing on this gun.

The XD's
    XD vs XDM basically the same exact gun. For about 80$ more the xdm gives you the match grade barrel and highest round count 16+1 in .40s&w on the market today vs. 12+1 in the regular XD - so save the 100 bux and get the regular flavor xd.

The M&P with $50 rebate or 2 free mags ($70-80 value) will feel best in your hands. My two M&P pistols shoot great and are trouble free and have the interchangable backstraps as the xdm.
    NRA RSO, NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Armorer

I'll add another "vote" for the M&P 40. The fullsize M&P 40 was my first M&P and it's my constant companion to and from work. It's accurate and totaly reliable and the recoil is very manageable. And the current rebate offer of $50.00 or two free magazines just adds to the value.

--
    Mike

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbott View Post
    I'll add another "vote" for the M&P 40. The fullsize M&P 40 was my first M&P and it's my constant companion to and from work. It's accurate and totaly reliable and the recoil is very manageable. And the current rebate offer of $50.00 or two free magazines just adds to the value.

--
    Mike
    +1 as I also have the mp40 and have had zero problems and carry it just about every place I go and it's comfortable.

(Bucks County)

I just saw the converter kit for the p250 at target world in Chalfont. I like the sound of the M&P .40 but I have heard that the finish on the gun is not that great. I heard that the overall finish of the XDM is really nice. I want good longevity out of the pistol. I do like the fact that the M&P is about 150.00 cheaper than the XDM. I see the M7P new for 429.00 and the XDM is going to run me about 569.00 I think that you might get a little bit more stuff with the XDM. Do you ever have any issues with cleaning or finish on the m&P? Do you have the Blued slide or the Bi-tone?

(Bucks County)

I'd go with a Glock.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I just saw the converter kit for the p250 at target world in Chalfont. I like the sound of the M&P .40 but I have heard that the finish on the gun is not that great. I heard that the overall finish of the XDM is really nice. I want good longevity out of the pistol. I do like the fact that the M&P is about 150.00 cheaper than the XDM. I see the M7P new for 429.00 and the XDM is going to run me about 569.00 I think that you might get a little bit more stuff with the XDM. Do you ever have any issues with cleaning or finish on the m&P? Do you have the Blued slide or the Bi-tone?
    I have no finish issues on any of my M&P's i have 3. The P250 finish is fine just as well. The other stuff you get imho will stay in the bulky case the xdm comes with. I am never going to use the mag pouch or holster. Like I said before the only thing that is great beni is 4 more rounds of .40 over the others.
    NRA RSO, NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Armorer

(Bucks County)

I wound up going with the XDM 40 last night. There was just something about it... I felt like every time I tried to go with something else I came back to it. I love the fit in my hand. It was close between the M&P and the XDm both of them had a similar feel but when I was able to put the number 3 grip on it It was perfect... I really appreciate your help and I think that I am going to get my wife the M&P 9.

(Delaware County)

Congrats on your new possession.. do post some pics and a range report ..I am also looking for a gun but having a tough time to decide between XD45 or XDM .40
    Cheers
    Jatt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast