Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Pics denial a year ago...

$200-$300 for a lawyer to council you and look up your past charges/convictions/warrants might be money well spent in this situation. Yes, I do understand that $200-300 is a bunch of money for many folks. But it beats thousands of $$$$ of court and legal fees later.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    $200-$300 for a lawyer to council you and look up your past charges/convictions/warrants might be money well spent in this situation. Yes, I do understand that $200-300 is a bunch of money for many folks. But it beats thousands of $$$$ of court and legal fees later.
    It's being looked at as we speak. He said since I checked off originally that I had no record that they frown upon that. With that being said I haven't heard anything back about it that they may not have moved on that charge but again he said it's worth a look.

(Berks County)

I am curious to see how thins pans out. It took me 6 months to get my criminal access review from Harrisburg and only cost me $10 or $20. I would expect a lawyer to start with that, as it looks like the only real avenue there is. Good luck and please keep us apprised of your situation.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I am curious to see how thins pans out. It took me 6 months to get my criminal access review from Harrisburg and only cost me $10 or $20. I would expect a lawyer to start with that, as it looks like the only real avenue there is. Good luck and please keep us apprised of your situation.
    I had to get a full report about 4 years ago and took almost 8 weeks. My old job history required FBI and Department of homeland security checks so that stuff flags me constantly. I get questioned all the time when background checks are done why it takes so long. Then they ask why the homeland security stuff is on there**

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by donuts99 View Post
    I had to get a full report about 4 years ago and took almost 8 weeks. My old job history required FBI and Department of homeland security checks so that stuff flags me constantly. I get questioned all the time when background checks are done why it takes so long. Then they ask why the homeland security stuff is on there**
    Criminal access and review is a similar but different animal. Maybe you'll get lucky and it's not necessary and a faster method is available.

(York County)

Tell them it's classified and they need to forget that they even saw it on your report....

Then look like you genuinely scared for that person and tell them again "Please....forget what you saw!"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Tell them it's classified and they need to forget that they even saw it on your report....

Then look like you genuinely scared for that person and tell them again "Please....forget what you saw!"
    As funny as it could be I don't full around with it��. I'm just honest with them and explain why and in there disbelief they ask me why on earth do they do all that. Most jobs do not understand the importance of security clearance for anything in the federal level. Unfortunately we had to go through this every 2 to 4 years...whatever the fbi or customs border patrol require.��***

(Bucks County)

every 6 mos or so fed background check and hair drug test , don't think that appears on ltcf or pics inquiries ...
    Last edited by arandy; January 20th, 2022 at 11:08 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Well appears that everything on my background checked back clean so I went ahead with a purchase of a rifle and handgun. System went pending like usual,then after 2hrs and 45mjns came back approved. Seems even though I never received a response back from the challenge and cleaned up the oopsie they must have acknowledged I technically did not purposely lie on my application.

(Berks County)

Well appears that everything on my background checked back clean so I went ahead with a purchase of a rifle and handgun. System went pending like usual,then after 2hrs and 45mjns came back approved. Seems even though I never received a response back from the challenge and cleaned up the oopsie they must have acknowledged I technically did not purposely lie on my application.
    Sounds good, congratulations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12