Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default For Those Of You With A Labradar

Seen as Labradar doesn't send out an email regarding updates I thought I would post this here.

Labradar has come out with a new firmware upgrade and they have also updated the app as well. The firmware dropped late December and the iOs app dropped Wednesday (1/12/22). According to Labradar the Android app update will come later this week if it hasn't already (I don't have Android so I'm not sure). These updates are supposedly to FINALLY address the Bluetooth issues the units have been having since their introduction.

The iOs app is 2.4.1 and the firmware is 1.2.7. This is from the change log that came with the update:

1.2.7 - December 27th, 2021

Bug Fixes and improvements:
    - Fixed Bluetooth initialization
    - Fixed mcu cristal initialization

1.2.6 - September 9th, 2021

Bug Fixes and improvements:
    - Changed the inactivity max time when armed to 600sec like stated in the manual (from 300s)
    - Fixed a bug that sometimes displayed a white screen when pressing delete without a shot in a serie
    - Fixed a bug that triggered an acquisition when pressing "Create Series" while armed
    - Fixed a bug that froze the screen when pressing the "Menu" button while in the "delete" or "create series" screen
    - Fixed connection denial while armed
    - Now ignore shot with v0 over 1500m/s
    - Raised the delay between the crystal startup and the PLL
    Apparently an earlier update killed the Bluetooth completely and the .7 update fixed that. I have installed both updates and did some limited testing on the bench. The biggest issue with the bluetooth in Android was connectivity problems where many couldn't connect at all and the iOs devices would just disconnect randomly (usually after a period of inactivity). Mine seems to be working for now.

I also wanted to share with the group what I got to store the unit in for storage and transportation. I got an Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight a few years back. ( https://www.harborfreight.com/4800-w...ack-64250.html) Its liner is made up of small foam blocks that pull out to make a customized area for whatever you want to put in it. I configured mine to hold the unit and underneath a small area for tools and cables. Off to the side I made areas for the small tripod and a USB battery pack.

Recently I got a 3D printed sighting device off of Ebay. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/19346523681...3bca%7Ciid%3A1) There are several versions there. Just search around to find something you like. As many of you know the notch on top is pretty much useless for aiming.

I can't leave it attached as it wont fit in the case so I just made another cubby underneath the radar to hold it.

DSCN1851.JPGDSCN1850.JPGDSCN1849.JPGDSCN1853.JPGDSCN1852.JPG

Stuart

Edit: replaced fuzzy photo

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: For Those Of You With A Labradar

OP ^Nice kit that you put together!

FWIW to anybody that has Fakebook, if you like/follow(whatever you call it) the Labradar page they do post their messages there.

Mine worked from day 1 with my Samsung Galaxy S7 so I've been refusing to do any firmware updates.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Northampton County)

Yea. I forgot to mention that I don*t have a Fakebook (or instagram or Twatter account).

BTW ExFlyinguy what are you Ex from. I flew Hueys out at the Gap a lifetime ago and am currently flying a Challenger 300.

Stuart

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by flygrimm View Post
    Yea. I forgot to mention that I don*t have a Fakebook (or instagram or Twatter account).

BTW ExFlyinguy what are you Ex from. I flew Hueys out at the Gap a lifetime ago and am currently flying a Challenger 300.

Stuart
    Ex(Retired) JetRanger Jockey with PSP. Probably knew a few of your Gap friends ;-)
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

Thanks for the info and that is a nice kit you made there. Mine has done everything I have needed it to do since I got it about a year ago and I never thought about a firmware update. I got the basic sight for the top of it without an additional level. I have had no issues getting it to work from the first shot thus far but I haven't tried connecting to it in the field either.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness