Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Springfield Hellion Bullpup Rifle

Springfield announces the Hellion Bullpup, an import of the Croatian VHS-2 bullpup rifle. Looks interesting, though I'm not loving the price.

Que the "Never Springfield" folks...

Default Re: Springfield Hellion Bullpup Rifle

Here's the Gun Jesus review.

(Philadelphia County)

It looks like the result of a one night stand between a G36 and a FAMAS. I want it just for that.

I want it bad. Not for $2k though—at least not yet. It will absolutely stay on my radar for the next few years and if I spot a BIN price on reddit gundeals I'll def be getting it.

I've wanted a bullpup and this ticks all the boxes in terms of mag compatibility, 1000% ambi, modular enough with future parts. The only thing that is keeping me from buying it right now is InRangeTV hasn't done a mud test yet but I imagine since they posted a match video they already have the mud test filmed.

Here is the aforementioned match video
    Last edited by somethingFishy; January 14th, 2022 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added link

(Clearfield County)

Street price should be around what AUGs and Tavors go for.

There's a link to a giveway on Springfield's page for it

https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellion-giveaway/

(Westmoreland County)

I've had a serious itch for a bullpup in .308 lately but the market has been all sorts of out of wack. This checks a lot of boxes for me but I'm not a huge fan of the charging handle design without having actually trying it yet. Seems like it would be a little tricky to manipulate once the fine motor skills go out the window and doesn't look like a whole lot of purchase to beat the crap out of it if a double or triple feed jammed it up nice and tight.
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear13 View Post
    I've had a serious itch for a bullpup in .308 lately but the market has been all sorts of out of wack. This checks a lot of boxes for me but I'm not a huge fan of the charging handle design without having actually trying it yet. Seems like it would be a little tricky to manipulate once the fine motor skills go out the window and doesn't look like a whole lot of purchase to beat the crap out of it if a double or triple feed jammed it up nice and tight.
    Maybe someone will offer an extended charging handle, if there's enough room.

Your options for a .308 bullpup are pretty much limited to the Tavor 7, Desert Tech MDR, K&M Arms M17s, or the Kel Tec RFB. I've had an RFB for 12 years. It's still one of my favorite rifles. Mine has been trouble free, for the most part. I shot the Tavor 7 and didn't like it. The trigger is awful. I was intrigued by the MDR, but issues they had early on, along with the price turned me off. The K&M interested me until I realized it's not ambidextrous. Being a lefty, I'm not a fan of brass hitting me in the face. From what I've read and seen, it has an outstanding trigger for a bullpup. Maybe even for an AR. Unfortunately, reliability seems to be spotty. Several videos online of the 5.56 version show many issues. Some reviews have positive. So buyer beware.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Maybe someone will offer an extended charging handle, if there's enough room.

Your options for a .308 bullpup are pretty much limited to the Tavor 7, Desert Tech MDR, K&M Arms M17s, or the Kel Tec RFB. I've had an RFB for 12 years. It's still one of my favorite rifles. Mine has been trouble free, for the most part. I shot the Tavor 7 and didn't like it. The trigger is awful. I was intrigued by the MDR, but issues they had early on, along with the price turned me off. The K&M interested me until I realized it's not ambidextrous. Being a lefty, I'm not a fan of brass hitting me in the face. From what I've read and seen, it has an outstanding trigger for a bullpup. Maybe even for an AR. Unfortunately, reliability seems to be spotty. Several videos online of the 5.56 version show many issues. Some reviews have positive. So buyer beware.
    I'm leaning towards Tavor 7 or the RFB. I'm in no rush to make any decisions right this moment, maybe by the time I decide to get one the Hellion will be out and we'll see what aftermarket support it receives.
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear13 View Post
    I'm leaning towards Tavor 7 or the RFB. I'm in no rush to make any decisions right this moment, maybe by the time I decide to get one the Hellion will be out and we'll see what aftermarket support it receives.

Th Hellion is out now. I know of at least one person who paid way too much for one. It's also 5.56. No plans for a .308 version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast