Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Question Full Auto LPK - How Much is Too Much?

I just saw an email from a retailer advertising full auto Lower Parts Kits for ARs. I tried to ask a guy selling individual parts at a gun show this question but got concerned that he would be flagging down any ATF agent he saw and pointing them in my direction, and I had no desire to have *that* conversation that day. Anyway...

Just how many parts installed in a standard AR would trigger (no pun intended) enhanced ATF involvement? I've seen videos for drop in auto-sears, but it seems like the host lower would need to be otherwise full auto (hammer, disconnect, safety, etc...). So, if I don't have the third hole how much else can I install?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Full Auto LPK - How Much is Too Much?

I used to get emails from one vendor with trigger groups I believe - maybe the whole thing - I forget.
    I wanna say they were between $50 and $100.
    I don't recall what I ate for breakfast though, so I may be way off.

Not sure if I unsubscribed from that vendor, or what, because I haven't seen that in a long time.
    Used to get it in an email every couple of months.
    I can't remember who it was!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Why would you install them? They don't add anything to a semi auto and could potentially cause you headaches if the government targets you.

And these parts are everywhere at gun shows so even though they are legal to own I would avoid doing anything over the internet.

(York County)

It's about $100 for the hammer, safety and disconnect at FTF Industries:

http://https://www.ftfindustries.com/

IANAL, but I wouldn't sweat those three parts, because they are legal, and without the rest there's no constructive possession, but I wouldn't buy an auto sear or DIAS or break out any drills!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

I'm pretty sure you can add all the full auto lower parts you want. Without the auto sear assembly and third hole to support it, you're not getting full auto fire.
    Keep in mind, that atf can fuck with you any way they want, for whatever reason they want. They're not exactly known for playing by the rules.

Back in the 90's or so, I recall buying spare parts for my m16's from Bushmaster. They required a copy of your s.o.t., form 4 or other paperwork before they would sell you their overpriced, poorly made parts. As an aside, Bushmaster or whatever they call themselves these days are still some of crappiest ar rifles known to man.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Why would you install them? They don't add anything to a semi auto and could potentially cause you headaches if the government targets you.

And these parts are everywhere at gun shows so even though they are legal to own I would avoid doing anything over the internet.
    Like he said, why bother? They won't add anything to your rifle and might possibly cause you a PIA if you ever come to the attention of authorities. If you want full auto, buy a registered one and spend the money. Otherwise, leave it alone. And whatever you do, don't buy something over the internet! Just ask the people who bought stuff from on-line suppressor/solvent trap kit manufacturers who are now getting registered letters from the ATF!

(Monroe County)

If you have the right kind of FFL and LEO letters, buying them is not unheard of.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Just grab a fart while they're still available/legal and have a ball.. The entertainment is certainly worth the price of admission, even if for a little while.

https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/product/frt-15/

I believe some videos have shown them running faster than a FA M16.... just saying..
    SigGendered

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post

Like he said, why bother? They won't add anything to your rifle and might possibly cause you a PIA if you ever come to the attention of authorities. If you want full auto, buy a registered one and spend the money. Otherwise, leave it alone. And whatever you do, don't buy something over the internet! Just ask the people who bought stuff from on-line suppressor/solvent trap kit manufacturers who are now getting registered letters from the ATF!
    I just wanted to know what the rules were, and the email reminded me that I did not know.

I sure as hell would not consider buying ATF-wet-dream materials online.

And, besides the fact that I humped an M-60 back in the day and got my fill of FA fun on Uncle Sugar's dime, I just don't have a personal need for FA firearms. Plus, that word "register" really turns my stomach.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Just grab a fart while they're still available/legal and have a ball.. The entertainment is certainly worth the price of admission, even if for a little while.

https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/product/frt-15/

I believe some videos have shown them running faster than a FA M16.... just saying..
    I have less than zero desire to feed one of them. I'm more of a one-shot kinda guy, mayyyyybe a double-tap depending on the situation...

My 2¢
    YMMV
    etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast