Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Is PAFOA the Gold Standard of "State" Gun Boards?

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I wish I could join a clique
    These days they'd probably let you be a highschool cheerleader.

I'll go get my outfit.
    Heres my cheer:
    Rat Shit, Bat shit, dirty old twat,
    69 assholes tied in a knot
    YYYAAAAYYYY Lizard shit.. FUCK!
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Your avatar tells the whole story about the difference between MD and PA

When I was in MD I knew exactly how you felt. I went out of my way not to discuss that I was a gun owner. More than once people freaked out just know I had guns in my house...which was 20 miles away. People judge you for being a radical gun toting (insert this week's trendy leftist insult here).

Since moving to PA though I have had two strangers START a conversation with "What's your EDC gun?"

That took some getting used to.

The first guy I refused to answer...saying that is private information and he looked at me weird like I didn't know how to be friendly.

The second guy is a neighbor so I told what I carried, he said he carried the same thing with a different slide. We took them out and compared the differences and discussed our range results. Now we go to he range together once a month.

Like I said...different planet up here.

I invite my MD friends to come up to the range I joined and they honestly question if that's legal for them to cross state lines to shoot. They are scared to be in the conversation...as if the Maryland State Police are watching.

I remember being that guy.

Different mindset entirely. You are made to feel like you are doing something wrong.

I think that MD mindset for gun owners contributes greatly to the general tension on MDShooters

I can relate to this. I've hopped state several times, PA then 17yrs in MD, then back to Pittsburgh for 12 years, then back to MD for 11 years, then back for my final stint in NWPA. My office is still in Baltimore, so I visit once a year

I've been a member of PAFOA and MDshooters for many years. There are some toxic people on most boards, but also many great folks too. One issue that MD natives have, is they never had the shall issue freedom, and still believe it's a privilege. I think that gets projected into general gun ownership. I too feel that everyone has the 2A rights. In MD, I lived in Carrol County, and out there, we assumed everyone was armed.

I find PAFOA to be a great brain trust. I like coming here with questions, or being able to help with answers, or offer my ill-timed stupid comments. It's a great board that I support.

This is one of the better ones, yes. Texas Gun Talk is really good as well, as is Calguns and a few others. IN Gun Owners has a good layout, but I tend to clash with folks there.

Josh

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    I can relate to this. I've hopped state several times, PA then 17yrs in MD, then back to Pittsburgh for 12 years, then back to MD for 11 years, then back for my final stint in NWPA. My office is still in Baltimore, so I visit once a year

I've been a member of PAFOA and MDshooters for many years. There are some toxic people on most boards, but also many great folks too. One issue that MD natives have, is they never had the shall issue freedom, and still believe it's a privilege. I think that gets projected into general gun ownership. I too feel that everyone has the 2A rights. In MD, I lived in Carrol County, and out there, we assumed everyone was armed.

I find PAFOA to be a great brain trust. I like coming here with questions, or being able to help with answers, or offer my ill-timed stupid comments. It's a great board that I support.
    I been on both sides of the coin. I know which one I prefer.

Grew up in MO. Guns were just part of life, nobody thought anything of it. That was pre constitutional-carry, but the reality was pretty much the same. You just had a gun.

Went to college in Cali. Didn't think much of it but on my first trip home looked into what it would take to bring back a pistol. Shocked to find that owning a gun made you some sort of terrorist, apparently. Spent 6 years there 'gun free' and hated it the whole time.

Got a job in NY. About the same. Eventually got a carry permit via my cop father-in-law, but man how people would lose their shit if you ever 'printed'.

Moved to PA ~20 years ago... Ah, back to 'normality'.
    DGAF

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I got into forums first for the offroad/jeep community. Then once I became a gun nut I looked for forums and PAFOA became my go to. The general atmosphere seems to suit me better than alternatives. I dabble in other forums that are more specialized like 1919a4 and weapons guild, but PAFOA is still my favorite.

I really hate the current fad of facebook groups. Some think they are replacement forums. I hope not. FB groups are terrible. Hard to search, same topic posted each week, comments in weird order sometimes. Fak that.
    Some said years ago FB would replace forums, but for those that want to have an actual conversation, I think not. Forums are not going anywhere.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Some said years ago FB would replace forums, but for those that want to have an actual conversation, I think not. Forums are not going anywhere.
    Especially given the censorship factor...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567