Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WW II PISTOLS

(York County)

Default Re: WW II PISTOLS

Check out the Walther forum classifieds to search for a good P.38 or other Walther pistols. The P.38 is a favorite gun: They were made by 3 manufacturers during the war years. All are interesting in their own right.

The No.2 Enfield revolver is certainly interesting enough. The standard "tankers" version has a bobbed hammer while the older unmodified version is classic SA/DA configuration. Very mild gun to shoot and it uses the old .38 S&W cartridge (not .38 special).

Never owned a Nambu. Wish I had back when they were cheap. Getting ammo is strictly online specialty thing today.

The Nagant revolver is just plain weird. They work well enough thought the DA pull takes heroic Soviet grip of steel to pull thru. Prices on them have reached stupid levels as well. Its a good, though not great gun. For the money I'd opt for a Tokarev TT33 semi myself. Oh wait, I already have!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    the Colt Commando.
    often over looked and over shadowed by the s&w victory.

i have the "set" of colts, an army special, an op and a commando, the commando being one of the original "junior commandos".
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    The Nagant revolver is just plain weird. They work well enough thought the DA pull takes heroic Soviet grip of steel to pull thru. Prices on them have reached stupid levels as well. Its a good, though not great gun. For the money I'd opt for a Tokarev TT33 semi myself. Oh wait, I already have!
    I remember maybe 10 years ago I was at a gun show where they cracked open a crate of Nagants 99.00 dollars a pop *.they were still dripping with cosmo *.I wasn*t collecting at the time so I thought they were a joke *.ahhhh to have foresight back then , saw one at a show a few weeks ago was fetching 450.00 *.SMH
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Bucks County)

A Luger?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    A Luger?
    The Luger is the iconic visual sidearm of Germany in WW2 the P-38 was by far more widely used and produced than the Luger , it was much easier to produce and much more reliable in battlefield conditions.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    The Luger is the iconic visual sidearm of Germany in WW2 the P-38 was by far more widely used and produced than the Luger , it was much easier to produce and much more reliable in battlefield conditions.
    in which case the spreewerks(CYQ) version is what you'll want to look. they tend to be far cruder, finish wise than the rest.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    I remember maybe 10 years ago I was at a gun show where they cracked open a crate of Nagants 99.00 dollars a pop *.they were still dripping with cosmo *.I wasn*t collecting at the time so I thought they were a joke *.ahhhh to have foresight back then , saw one at a show a few weeks ago was fetching 450.00 *.SMH
    99 dollars? 99 dollars!?!? thats highway robbery....pretty sure i paid less than 60 bucks, tax title and tags out the door for my example...some time prior to your ten years ago experience.

(Berks County)

Success !!! Managed to find a gem at the oaks show . Beretta M1934 Blank slide serial G008xx , markings RE ( Regio Esercito) Italian Army and has the 4UT oval stamp . I was Looking for a M 1935 but could not pass this one up .

From what I read blank slides were only made from August -Sept in *43 due to Mussolini being deposed , because Beretta didn*t want to put he Facist stamps on them . Please note the slide is completely blank on both sides no caliber markings either .

2911C838-6FC2-4590-9DB8-D19487B96F0E.jpg
    F9D0E6CF-8AF6-4147-8216-0E047DB9B3D5.jpg

http://www.berettaweb.com/armi/Beret...20&%201935.htm

Good stuff here too https://www.lugerforums.com/threads/...an-army.90809/
    Last edited by Zeke2A; February 14th, 2022 at 06:55 PM.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(York County)

Italy deposed Il Duce in 1943, but he continued to lead a pro Nazi movement in an Italy that fractured into Pro and Anti Fascist armies fighting on both sides of the conflict. Many Italians in fact went over to the Allied side (look up the Italian Service Units) which supported Allied forces until war's end.

Those blank slide M1934s were a typical late war expediency to save manufacturing time. Personally I'd love one of those neat little pistols myself, though I'd rather get one of the .32 acp ones and would want one made in peacetime when manufacturing standards were better.

Mussolini himself was captured and executed in 1945.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Italy deposed Il Duce in 1943, but he continued to lead a pro Nazi movement in an Italy that fractured into Pro and Anti Fascist armies fighting on both sides of the conflict. Many Italians in fact went over to the Allied side (look up the Italian Service Units) which supported Allied forces until war's end.

Those blank slide M1934s were a typical late war expediency to save manufacturing time. Personally I'd love one of those neat little pistols myself, though I'd rather get one of the .32 acp ones and would want one made in peacetime when manufacturing standards were better.

Mussolini himself was captured and executed in 1945.
    Appreciate the historical correction . I*ve made a point to read up more on the Italian campaign, overlooked by most WW2 historicals .
    I edited my post with the Mussolini correction.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast