Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default RPG-7 was approved today

The ATF took their time, but finally approved our purchase of an AirTronic Precision Shoulder-fired Rocket Launcher (PSRL). Oddly enough the ATF was pretty quick on approving the sale of a case of training rockets, but the launcher was held up for a few months.

Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Default Re: RPG-7 was approved today

Does it have a brace?
    FJB

(Washington County)

Now that's exciting!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

That's fun. Out of curiosity, what's a case of rockets cost? How many to a case?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    That's fun. Out of curiosity, what's a case of rockets cost? How many to a case?
    Six rockets per case. These are real 600+ meter military Inert 40mm-73mm RHEF-7MA rocket rounds. I believe they imported these from Bulgarian. I paid $6K for the unopened case. When someone tells you they are charging you $200 to fire a RPG, you aren't firing a real military-grade round that goes 600+ meters with a 2nd stage rocket charge. You shooting something home-made. Not to call anyone out on this forum, just stating the obvious.

I also ordered two 40mm-73mm RHEF-7MA high-explosive fragmentation rockets, but they haven't not been approved yet.. they haven't been unapproved, which is interesting. Now these were really spendy, so I'll keep the forum up to date on the approval process.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Northumberland County)

How the hell do you make money at $1k a round? Can you rebuild them or single use only?

Need to make some Ukrainian connections and cut a deal (jk, obviously).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    How the hell do you make money at $1k a round? Can you rebuild them or single use only?

Charge 2k a round to shoot it ?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post

Pretty sure we got the same imported rockets as Drive Tank uses and they charge $3,500.00

No, there's nothing left after your fire one of these. Definitely a one-use item.

To be honest, I wasn't two worried about customer's actually paying us to shoot one, more of a "This would be f'ing awesome to shoot" and after finding out the only other place in America using real military rockets was charging $3,500.00, well damn, might as well buy my own case of them for $6k... well need a launcher too obviously, soooo got one of those too... then discussion with distributor got around to "Since you have an FFL 10 with an FEL 20, we can sell you non-inert ones." That's what I'm working on now.

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Pretty sure we got the same imported rockets as Drive Tank uses and they charge $3,500.00

No, there's nothing left after your fire one of these. Definitely a one-use item.

To be honest, I wasn't two worried about customer's actually paying us to shoot one, more of a "This would be f'ing awesome to shoot" and after finding out the only other place in America using real military rockets was charging $3,500.00, well damn, might as well buy my own case of them for $6k... well need a launcher too obviously, soooo got one of those too... then discussion with distributor got around to "Since you have an FFL 10 with an FEL 20, we can sell you non-inert ones." That's what I'm working on now.
    Do the rockets you bought explode?
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Does it have a brace?
    LOL!....would've taken even longer for ATF approval.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast