Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Question Constitutional Carry and the GFSZA

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere, but the GFSZA does not apply to those having a license/permit issued by the state in which the school is located. With more states moving to Con Carry (yay!), is there any talk of amending GFSZA for those states?

Default Re: Constitutional Carry and the GFSZA

That is a good point. I have not seen anything like that discussed.

The existing wording has always been problematic for anyone carrying under a reciprocity agreement (since the exception is specific to licenses issued by the state in which the school is located) and it hasn't been addressed to date, so I'm not optimistic about a fix anytime soon.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I have not seen it mentioned anywhere, but the GFSZA does not apply to those having a license/permit issued by the state in which the school is located. With more states moving to Con Carry (yay!), is there any talk of amending GFSZA for those states?
    Negative, and until there is a majority in both houses of Congress and a pro-gun president - the law will remain as-is. We'll be lucky enough just to not have any anti-gun bills passed for the next 3-7 years.

The Feds don't care what the states do, just look at how a majority have legalized medical marijuana or outright legalized it. Or the seatbelt or DUI laws, where the feds withhold funds if the state doesn't enact certain laws(blackmail).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I'd like to see Post Offices addressed. I get that they are Federal buildings, but, it's ridiculous.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Negative, and until there is a majority in both houses of Congress and a pro-gun president - the law will remain as-is. We'll be lucky enough just to not have any anti-gun bills passed for the next 3-7 years.

The Feds don't care what the states do, just look at how a majority have legalized medical marijuana or outright legalized it. Or the seatbelt or DUI laws, where the feds withhold funds if the state doesn't enact certain laws(blackmail).
    The law will remain as is even with both houses and a pro-gun president. Republican lawmakers have proven over and over, they will not act when they have the opportunity. They enjoy a good pandering to their base when they ca do nothing about the issue, but when they have opportunity, the brakes come on pretty hard.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    The law will remain as is even with both houses and a pro-gun president. Republican lawmakers have proven over and over, they will not act when they have the opportunity. They enjoy a good pandering to their base when they ca do nothing about the issue, but when they have opportunity, the brakes come on pretty hard.
    Yeah, there is that factor too. They Reps tend to be more pro-gun than Dems, but will still favor keeping government in power, or are FUDDS which in reality is more like a Democrat when it comes to guns.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!