Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: Bug Out Cooking Options - Best Portable Stoves

Empty Mag I have one of those little gas those little screw on gas top stoves. When it's cold out, you will fight like hell to light that flame. IIRC I placed mine in my sleeping bag for a while and then it worked. The temps were high 20's low 30's in that morning.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Couldn't find this thread earlier and I posted about this elsewhere, but reposting here to keep it together in one place...

I just picked up a different "mini" stove from Walmart.
    It comes with an optional propane bottle attachment, giving you two fuel sources.

Maybe I'll do a test of it tomorrow.

Ozark Trail 4-in-1 Stove with Stand

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

I haven't read the entire thread, but for me - propane devices like Coleman camping gear and your basic fire pit suffice. Cast iron pots and pans will last a long time directly on fires/coals. And you can find wood just about everywhere.

We rent a cabin each year and go to the ANF camping spots along the Clarion River, both of which have fire pits. We've cooked steaks directly on burning logs - no pan at all, just scrape off the coals/ash. (very tasty BTW)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Although I no longer backpack, I still manage to do one or two nights on the Susquehanna with the Kayak. Some camping on the motorcycle but for the most part its car camping with the roof top tent. Tried them all and the small butane stoves such as the MSR Whisperlight are the best value and ease of use. The white gas stoves do have the advantage of cold weather operation, I have a very old Optimus 111B (white gas/multifuel) that I used well north of the artic circle in Norway in the earily 80's and it still runs like a champ despite the medieval lighting routine and it makes the noise of an F-15 on afterburner

Getting back to the sticks and twigs recommendations in this thread, Ive been seriously considering one of these, a bit spendy but very interesting with the cook top options. Can eliminate carrying fuel and my little tea kettle and cook set since this covers all three of these.

https://www.kellykettleusa.com/

https://www.kellykettleusa.com/kelly-kettle-kits

https://www.kellykettleusa.com/how-t...y-kettle-works

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567