Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Metcalfe Announces Retirement

Love him or hate him, we need to make sure we fill his spot with someone as strong on 2A priorities as he was.

Metcalfe Announces Legislative Retirement
    HARRISBURG – On Jan. 1, 2022, after the clock struck midnight and the New Year rang in, State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-12) announced to his family that he does not plan to seek re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2022.
    Metcalfe released the following statement regarding his legislative retirement:
    “After family discussions, prayerful consideration and affirmation that I was embarking on a path of service that God was calling me to, I announced my candidacy for state representative in 1998. I have been blessed by God with 12 legislative election victories over the last 24 years.
    “I am thankful to the voters who trusted me to represent them in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. I am honored by the broad and deep base of support from citizens across the state who supported my work to limit government, protect taxpayers and defend liberty.
    “After family discussions, prayerful consideration and affirmation that God is calling me to a new adventure in life, I do not plan to seek re-election for state representative in 2022. I plan to finish my current term of office.
    “In the future, I plan to continue fighting in defense of our God-given rights and our Constitution wherein they are affirmed!”
    Metcalfe is currently serving his 12th term as state representative for the 12th Legislative District in Butler County, which includes Adams, Clinton, Cranberry, Forward, Middlesex and Penn townships, and Callery, Mars, Seven Fields and Valencia boroughs.

His term ends on Nov. 30, 2022.
    -Brandon

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Metcalfe Announces Retirement

Metcalfe Announces Legislative Retirement
    HARRISBURG * On Jan. 1, 2022, after the clock struck midnight and the New Year rang in, State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-12) announced to his family that he does not plan to seek re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2022.
    Metcalfe released the following statement regarding his legislative retirement:
    *After family discussions, prayerful consideration and affirmation that I was embarking on a path of service that God was calling me to, I announced my candidacy for state representative in 1998. I have been blessed by God with 12 legislative election victories over the last 24 years.
    *I am thankful to the voters who trusted me to represent them in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. I am honored by the broad and deep base of support from citizens across the state who supported my work to limit government, protect taxpayers and defend liberty.
    *After family discussions, prayerful consideration and affirmation that God is calling me to a new adventure in life, I do not plan to seek re-election for state representative in 2022. I plan to finish my current term of office.
    *In the future, I plan to continue fighting in defense of our God-given rights and our Constitution wherein they are affirmed!*
    Metcalfe is currently serving his 12th term as state representative for the 12th Legislative District in Butler County, which includes Adams, Clinton, Cranberry, Forward, Middlesex and Penn townships, and Callery, Mars, Seven Fields and Valencia boroughs.

His term ends on Nov. 30, 2022.
    Emphasis, mine. Hmmmmm ....
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Emphasis, mine. Hmmmmm ....
    Hmmmmm indeed. It’s a curious and unnecessary use of qualifier

(Allegheny County)

Probably making a run at the governor's mansion.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Montgomery County)

*In the future, I plan to continue fighting in defense of our God-given rights and our Constitution wherein they are affirmed!*

He's not done yet.

(Chester County)

US Senate seat?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Maybe this year we can get a BIG turn out at this years 2A Harrisburg rally...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Maybe this year we can get a BIG turn out at this years 2A Harrisburg rally...
    Yeah last year was pathetic without the Moonies and the Beaver County folks.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Montgomery County)

I seriously doubt Metcalfe stands a realistic chance at winning any statewide seat in the general. Doesn't mean he might not try.

With redistricting, maybe he is eying up a State Senate seat.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Love him or hate him, we need to make sure we fill his spot with someone as strong on 2A priorities as he was.

Love him or hate him he’s been a big bloated gasbag who only shows up once a year on gun issues. A shining example of what’s wrong with PA GOP politics. Good riddance.