Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Got chased by teenagers in three cars last night - What would you have done?

As my girlfriend, myself, and her brother were driving home last night there were three cars pulled over at intersection in a back road with their high beams on. We slowed down and went by them, realized they were a bunch of kids, then they started following us. The one car passed us pulled in front of us at a stop sign. Two kids then got out of the car like they were going to beat us up. Luckily my girlfriends brother had enough sense to pull around them real fast and get out of there. The three cars then started chasing us so we decided it was best to go out to a main road and they would just leave us alone then. Well about 5 minutes later we get out to a main highway and two of the cars pull in front of us and slow down real fast. I then called the cops and started reading license plate numbers real fast and telling them we were being chased by three cars. At the same time the kids in the cars started throwing thing at our car. At this point my girlfriend is freaking out, her brother wants to kill these kids and I'm trying to explain to the cops where we are. Well after they finished throwing stuff at us they tried to speed off but we already had gotten all three license plates and were on the phone with the police - What we thought would be best would be to make sure they actually got caught. So we went on a chase down on route 1 by longwood gardens for a couple miles. Then all three cars pulled off at an exit. We were still behind them and there was a cop waiting at the bottom of the exit. Well two cars turn left and I'm yelling at the dispatcher that those were the cars and the cop is still letting them drive off. All of the sudden the third car starts to turn left and the cop finally turns on his lights and blocks the intersection and then the car turns right so we then start following the third car. It does a u-turn I guess they put on their emergency brake cause they did it in the middle of the road and it actually was pretty cool. Well somehow my girlfriends brother realizes that there is a big driveway and he does a u turn in there and we start following the car again and they head back onto the main highway. Not to much further down two more troopers finally catch up with us and pull the car over. We found out it was a bunch of 15/16yr olds and they were throwing creamers at the car. We had an option of letting the kids go, or pressing harrassment/road rage charges. We decided to let them go, the driver got a ticket for driving with out a license and the cop promised to put the fear of God in them. I am hoping that they don't do this again but who knows. If you I were in a car by myself on this road I probably would have freaked out because you are quite a way from any people and no one goes on it at 10pm. Lastly, the third car attempted to pull up beside us. If they were to have boxed us in they would leave one option - drive through a field if they got out of their car. Overall, pretty scary but I hope they don't ever do it again.

Would you have pressed charges? Followed them? What would you have done differently?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Got chased by teenagers in three cars last night - What would you have done?

Would have done the same and probably would have not pressed charges either, depending on their remorse to the issue!

(Erie County)

Default Re: Got chased by teenagers in three cars last night - What would you have done?

I'd have continued to try and avoid the other cars once the plate numbers were called in. I would not have continued to get involved once I found the police.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennJersey.info View Post
    Would you have pressed charges? Followed them? What would you have done differently?
    Yep and I would have made sure I was their to testify. No telling what their actual motives were. Instead of you it could have been a mom with toddlers.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Yep and I would have made sure I was their to testify. No telling what their actual motives were. Instead of you it could have been a mom with toddlers.
    I agree......
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Hold on here...after all that happened and the one guy in your group wanted to "kill" them...you did not press charges???????

Why not??????

This could have turned out much, much worse. Cars crashing, injuries, possible deaths...and you did not press charges???

I would have pressed charges for everything possible to teach these punk pukes good lessons.

(Northampton County)

Why Bother with all that trouble and risk and getting the cops involved if you weren't going to do anything about it. What was the point?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Hold on here...after all that happened and the one guy in your group wanted to "kill" them...you did not press charges???????

Why not??????

This could have turned out much, much worse. Cars crashing, injuries, possible deaths...and you did not press charges???

I would have pressed charges for everything possible to teach these punk pukes good lessons.
    Exactly..........
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Franklin County)

First of all, I wouldn't suggest anyone switch into 'pursuit mode' if the opportunity to end your involvement in a situation like this presents itself.

BUT....once you did, and you survived the encounter, why the hell wouldn't you follow through?? What was the point of the chase again?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jofreder View Post
    Why Bother with all that trouble and risk and getting the cops involved if you weren't going to do anything about it. What was the point?
    The fact that it could have been someone else - We asked the cops what they recommended and they said not to press charges, that they would make sure they knew never to do it again.

Henry

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast