Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

further clarifies that this does not include "State offenses classified as misdemeanors and punishable by a term of imprisonment not to exceed two years."

What does tis mean? it sounds like it contridicts it self is it one year or two years, I am confused obviously.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

Your government at work.

I agree that it seems like a contradiction. I have no idea why they would define "more than one year" to mean "more than two years if it's a state offense", but that is indeed exactly what they've done.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

The one that stopped me was a involuntary commitment to a mental hospital aka 302.
    It was just for an evaluation when I was 16.

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

a common FAQ good post ++

(Allegheny County)

Thank you, gnbrotz. This clears up a lot of "facts" I thought I knew!

(Delaware County)

question-if you had been charged and convicted/pled out-but had a expungement or pardon how do u answer the questions about prior charges- have you ever or are now charged , indicted etc etc

(Lawrence County)

If you have an expungement or pardon then it never happened.

(Montgomery County)

My friend (Yes. My friend. NOT code for me. MY record is perfectly clean.) at age 17, was charged with a felony, but they dropped those charges and he was charged with a misdemeanor. I showed him the chart, asked what class it was, he says it was most likely a class 3 misdemeanor. According to him, his charge doesn't fit that sub-section list of charges in the UFA that prohibit firearm posession.

I can't find anythng suggesting that his second amendment rights have been affected at all. I wanted to get a second opinion, so I figured I'd ask this here.

Some felons can get a releif from disability to own long guns for target or hunting .A lot easier than expungement or pardon !

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT FIRST & FOREMOST View Post
    Some felons can get a releif from disability to own long guns for target or hunting .A lot easier than expungement or pardon !
    I know of no such provision in Pa. law. Are you talking fed or Pa.? If Pa. can you provide a citation to law or to how this is done?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast