Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Telford, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    He's a bit irritated because he is a PA-based business, and CA-based businesses are cutting into his market.
    Yes, I'm a small local shop so I'm not interested in posting on a CA forum. I don't even care that they post, but its like 1/3 of the posts on the first page is from them. It's probably why no one bothers with that sub section of the forum. Its just spammed to hell.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    1,909
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhagey90 View Post
    Yes, I'm a small local shop so I'm not interested in posting on a CA forum. I don't even care that they post, but its like 1/3 of the posts on the first page is from them. It's probably why no one bothers with that sub section of the forum. Its just spammed to hell.
    You are right, I doubt many people click on the forum, but I usually click "New Posts", which shows new and bumped threads since my last visit, therefore those threads would show up if they were bumped. It is allowable to bump classified threads every seven days, so if they log in and bump all of their posts, they will move to the top. You can do the same.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Telford, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    You are right, I doubt many people click on the forum, but I usually click "New Posts", which shows new and bumped threads since my last visit, therefore those threads would show up if they were bumped. It is allowable to bump classified threads every seven days, so if they log in and bump all of their posts, they will move to the top. You can do the same.
    Good to know thanks. Need to move a stockpile of SKS's I forgot I had til now.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

    I don't remember what the cost is...$50/year, $100/year, something like that. Easy to spend that money given how much entertainment this place provides.
    My thinking too.

    Not really an incentive. The private forum gets like 2 posts/year.
    True 'dat.
    "Stirring the Pot" since 1967

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,997
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I think it is more surprising there are a lot less "paid members" than one might think, given how much time some people spend on here.

    I don't remember what the cost is...$50/year, $100/year, something like that. Easy to spend that money given how much entertainment this place provides.

    Not really an incentive. The private forum gets like 2 posts/year.
    Why pay for the cow, when you get the milk for free?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,997
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhagey90 View Post
    Good to know thanks. Need to move a stockpile of SKS's I forgot I had til now.
    Don't hesitate to post in the classifieds here!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    3,252
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Why pay for the cow, when you get the milk for free?
    I think that's the Democratic Party motto.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    True 'dat.
    Hmmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Why pay for the cow, when you get the milk for free?
    Ahh, the tragedy of the commons.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location

    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Companies based in California posting in business section

    The poster in question isn't violating any rules, and any commercial business regardless of where they are located is allowed to use the forum for that purpose. People do purchase firearm related items across state lines.

    Limiting the section to PA only businesses seems to be anti-freedom and anti-capitalist.

    I have also checked the OP's assertion of the "spamming" of the section. It appears there's quite a few other commercial businesses within PA that have been able to get their posts slipping into the "spam".

    /thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Possible Posting Issue in the Classifieds Section
    By RSM in forum Support & Suggestions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 6th, 2011, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 01:53 PM
  3. Support a PA based gun related business
    By NoQtr in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •