Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: medical marijuana card and gun purchase paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    So people deserve to be in debilitating pain to have the right to self defense?
    Most I know with a MM card are doing it to get stoned...legally. Most of them aren't gun owners either. So, there is no conflict with them.

I Don't condone the use of of any drugs or alcohol while handling a gun. If you want to carry and have a MM card...I have an issue with that. Frame of mind and overall mental acuity can' be clouded by taking anything.

I don't support the federal gov position on marijuana...I think it could be the next frontier in fighting disease and pain.

Responsibility comes with choices...pick wisely for your own protection and peace of mind.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Most I know with a MM card are doing it to get stoned...legally. Most of them aren't gun owners either. So, there is no conflict with them.

I Don't condone the use of of any drugs or alcohol while handling a gun. If you want to carry and have a MM card...I have an issue with that. Frame of mind and overall mental acuity can' be clouded by taking anything.

I don't support the federal gov position on marijuana...I think it could be the next frontier in fighting disease and pain.

Responsibility comes with choices...pick wisely for your own protection and peace of mind.
    Any idea what ole General Washington's opinions were on hemp?
    Which is cannabis.

(Cannabis grown for personal consumption or medicine was also referred to as hemp fyi)

Merely possessing a card does not equal any level of impairment.
    Anyone who posesses or even using said card should NEVER remove the God given natural right to protect oneself and their family!

Anything else is merely authoritarianism with an appeal to emotion.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Any idea what ole General Washington's opinions were on hemp?
    Which is cannabis.

(Cannabis grown for personal consumption or medicine was also referred to as hemp fyi)

Merely possessing a card does not equal any level of impairment.
    Anyone who posesses or even using said card should NEVER remove the God given natural right to protect oneself and their family!

Anything else is merely authoritarianism with an appeal to emotion.
    Hemp was grown as a cash crop, not to smoke. Have you ever smoked hemp?...it will give you one heck of a headache.

Hemp has a different application that pot. One is used for making fiber based products, the other for smoking.

I don't disagree with you in maintaining your God given rights, regardless of which recreational drug you want to use. But if you are busted shooting someone while in any altered state, you lose. Period. There was also a clause in the Federalist papers which referred to those who were in the Militia to have good moral standing. A drunk or pot head would not merit such distinction.

(Dauphin County)

It's always endlessly fascinating to me to watch how quickly gun rights activists go from "DON'T TREAD ON ME" to "TREAD ME HARDER DADDY" when it comes to drugs.

I wonder if any of you ever sipped alcohol. Do you also think alcohol prohibition was a great idea and would you yell for that again too?

Seriously people, let's all agree that any sort of impairment while using a firearm is bad but also that neither YOU nor I have any right and ESPECIALLY not the Government to tell anybody what they may or may not consume.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post
    It's always endlessly fascinating to me to watch how quickly gun rights activists go from "DON'T TREAD ON ME" to "TREAD ME HARDER DADDY" when it comes to drugs.

I wonder if any of you ever sipped alcohol. Do you also think alcohol prohibition was a great idea and would you yell for that again too?

Seriously people, let's all agree that any sort of impairment while using a firearm is bad but also that neither YOU nor I have any right and ESPECIALLY not the Government to tell anybody what they may or may not consume.
    1). Alcohol generally isn't illegal. Sip away!

2). I don't care what you put in your body. You can snort Ajax and Comet for all I care.

3). I think all drugs should be legal and available without a prescription. However, the reality is, they're not.

So try again.

(Allegheny County)

It's fascinating to me that every time someone asks a damned question on this topic, their question gets dismissed, and the thread turns into yet another "drugs should be legal" thread.

Yawn.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post

I don't think anyone is saying what's right or what's wrong. The OP was asking what's legal. And most offered the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    1). Alcohol generally isn't illegal. Sip away!

2). I don't care what you put in your body. You can snort Ajax and Comet for all I care.

3). I think all drugs should be legal and available without a prescription. However, the reality is, they're not.

So try again.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    03394A6D-1295-4ABA-BAE6-E5D5CECBEBC0.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

I don't disagree with you in maintaining your God given rights, regardless of which recreational drug you want to use. But if you are busted shooting someone while in any altered state, you lose. Period.
    So..... If someone is at home drinking beer and watching the game. Home invader kicks door in and you defend yourself with a firearm. You lose. Period ?

I know this is a reach but these things happen.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast